Sign in to follow this  

I disassembled and forgot how to reassemble push rod assy!

I am beating myself up on forgetting how to reassemble this push rod assy or valve linkage.....whatever you call it!! long story short, i am new to the dirt bike scene and just bought a dirt bike just to mess around with. I broke the kickstart shaft and just replaced it tonight. Prior to installing the part, i took everything apart (about a week ago) and now i am having trouble where a few pieces properly go lol. i will attach some pictures and hopefully you can help. This is a 93 yz 125. Thanks in advance!!

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

I am beating myself up on forgetting how to reassemble this push rod assy or valve linkage.....whatever you call it!! long story short, i am new to the dirt bike scene and just bought a dirt bike just to mess around with. I broke the kickstart shaft and just replaced it tonight. Prior to installing the part, i took everything apart (about a week ago) and now i am having trouble where a few pieces properly go lol. i will attach some pictures and hopefully you can help. This is a 93 yz 125. Thanks in advance!!

Look at a parts diagram on line if you don't have the manual. You can usually figure it of from there. But yah, if you don't have a manual, you should get the OEM one if you plan on being your own mechanic.

This should help you.

That was very nice of you.

I feel it better to make someone search and learn..  :thumbsup:

But much love is on this 2T forum..  :smirk:

Looks like that bushing needs to be pushed in farther to expose the rectangle end, allowing the push arm to sit on there