2016 SFF TAC Settings thread

I figured I would start a thread for everyone to post their settings.  I'm surious to see where everyone landed and I'm also curious to try some different settings from people in my weight range.  I listed my shock settings too as that can obviously effect the forks.  Here are mine

Vet B MX

225 pounds

Shock:

OEM valving

5.8 rear spring

105 sag

12 out LS comp

2.5 turns out HS comp

11 out reb

Forks:

OEM valving

190 inner

10 outer

215 balance

10 out on comp

10 out on reb

I like this setting but I think it can be better.  I plan to try either backing out the compression just a couple of clicks more or lowering the outer chamber.  To compensate and give me some more bottoming resistance, I might also add 5-10cc's of fork oil.

Im 225 also here is what i was using. I have sent mine off to FC should get back tuesday

185 inner

15-17.5 outer

190 balance

c9

r13

shock

ls 13

hs 1.75

r7

106mm

I'm interested to hear what their recommended settings are. I will probably drop mine off at their corona office next month. For now I'm running the stock soft setting. Feels pretty good on nice tracks. I went to a hardpack track yesterday and it was pretty brutal. The bike handled well, but the small bumps were killing me.

Does anyone know what the oil volumes are for the air cartridge side for the 2016 model? I've heard the oil volumes and recommended air pressures were revised for 2016 over 2015 settings, and produce a more comfortable ride.

Thanks

Im 180 lbs.

Inner im running between 180-185

Outer 15-17

Balance 200-205

C 12

R 13

Im midpack Canadian A.

It feels pretty good. Im going to maybe add 15 cc of oil and then run the air a bit less to help on small chop.

Does anyone know what the oil volumes are for the air cartridge side for the 2016 model? I've heard the oil volumes and recommended air pressures were revised for 2016 over 2015 settings, and produce a more comfortable ride.

Thanks

The valving was also revised and they also added skf seals in order to make the fork not so harsh.

Thanks

I don't know what it was stock but I just had FC do my forks and they wrote down what they did.  I can look it up and post it if that will help.

I don't know what it was stock but I just had FC do my forks and they wrote down what they did.  I can look it up and post it if that will help.

That would be great

That would be great

Here you go.  These are for a 225 pound Vet B MXer.  I haven't ridden it yet so I don't have any feedback.  

Inner 50cc

Outer 270cc

Balance 5cc

I was dissapointed in factory connection revalve on the tac fork. My stock stuff was better. I know enzo and mb1 do a great job. Ive also seen a few guys with fc struggling. I was talking with a tech and asked for some air pressures for a set of stock forks. He said 175 inner. 10 outer and 215 balance. I told him right away even without riding it that it was way too soft. He didnt like that. My settings are 185, 16 and 205. Completely different than what fc recommended. I was amazed they even recommended to me that garbage

Here is my settings after a RideJbi revalve. Skf bushing and seal kit, and new glide kit. 215 lb. A rider hare Scramble's. But I have found them to be pretty good for a B class moto. This is on a 2015, but in pretty sure the settings are real close to the 2016.

Fork

Compression: 12 Rebound: 12 Oil: 335(Left Fork)

Inner Chamber: 174psi (50cc Oil)

Outer Chamber: 14.5psi (270cc Oil)

Balance Chamber: 203psi (5cc Oil)

Shock

LSC: 12 HSC: 1 1/2 turns out Rebound: 10

Spring: Stock Race Sag @ 105mm

I was dissapointed in factory connection revalve on the tac fork. My stock stuff was better. I know enzo and mb1 do a great job. Ive also seen a few guys with fc struggling. I was talking with a tech and asked for some air pressures for a set of stock forks. He said 175 inner. 10 outer and 215 balance. I told him right away even without riding it that it was way too soft. He didnt like that. My settings are 185, 16 and 205. Completely different than what fc recommended. I was amazed they even recommended to me that garbage

Does a midpack "Cdn A" have National speed? Maybe the FC tech wasn't clear on your ability? Hard to believe that's their Pro recommended setting on stock forks.

• Like 1

Im usually midpack in the canadian nats. 20-28 place. I did make that clear. And there is also a huge difference in speed from the top 20. But regardless that setting was horrendous and its hard to shell out top dollar when thats what is reccomended. But mistakes happen. Maybe i got the janitor by accident haha.

Wow does the external balance really handle that much more pressure? I have them for the CRF and it maxes balance pressure at 188.

Im usually midpack in the canadian nats. 20-28 place. I did make that clear. And there is also a huge difference in speed from the top 20. But regardless that setting was horrendous and its hard to shell out top dollar when thats what is reccomended. But mistakes happen. Maybe i got the janitor by accident haha.

You running the identical setting that the MXA pro testers run so should be in the ballpark. Seems nuts the FC recommendation.

In my experience, sending your stuff in for a generic revalve will rarely make a substantial improvement or be what you were looking for (I'm not assuming that's what you did, I'm just making a blanket statement).  FC has a small number of test riders.  If you happen to like the same thing he likes and be the same weight and ability, you're in luck.  If not, you might not like it so much.  Although I'm only a Vet B racer, I have a really good feel for what the bike is doing and where it can be better.  I usually go to FC with specific improvements that I want made (as I did with my 16 KX) and they nail it 75-80% of the time first try.  They do offer unlimited free revalves until your happy and I always tell people to be prepared to try a few different settings.  They will get it exactly as you want it, 100% of the time but it might not be the first try.  Of course, I live 40 minutes from their headquarters so it's real easy for me to take advantage of this service.  I pop it off, drive up there, hang around for 30-40 minutes and drive home to reinstall.  I haven't ridden it yet with the new valving and mods but I'm confident that they got mine right.  If not, I'm 100% sure that they will based on my feedback. 

I also noticed that these forks rely heavily on a good setting in the shock to work well.  Much more than any other forks I have ever ridden.  What are your shock settings?  Maybe those are contributing to your issues?

Edited by Endoair

His recommendation is spot on with less inner and more balance for more plush on small chop. You stated yourself you were going drop inner psi and add oil to help with small chop. The more psi you add to balance the softer the intitial so his recommendation to go down from 185 to 175 inner and up 205 to 215 is EXACTLY what should be done. Use comp clicker from there 

His recommendation is spot on with less inner and more balance for more plush on small chop. You stated yourself you were going drop inner psi and add oil to help with small chop. The more psi you add to balance the softer the intitial so his recommendation to go down from 185 to 175 inner and up 205 to 215 is EXACTLY what should be done. Use comp clicker from there 

Sorry man but this is not spot on at all. Using common knowledge to what I told him I was running before and the showa App. It is wayyy wayyy to soft.  I know how the fork works and had a decent set up. Those recommendations were not good advice.  and I said I was going to drop pressure, I didt say inner pressure. I actually dropped outer 1 psi and it felt a bit better. That's softer than the standard setting what he recommended.

Sorry man but this is not spot on at all. Using common knowledge to what I told him I was running before and the showa App. It is wayyy wayyy to soft.  I know how the fork works and had a decent set up. Those recommendations were not good advice.  and I said I was going to drop pressure, I didt say inner pressure. I actually dropped outer 1 psi and it felt a bit better. That's softer than the standard setting what he recommended.

I agree the psi he suggest was low but not far from were you were with only 10psi dif. good luck hope you find what your after.

160lbs vet expert 2016 kx450

170 inner

12 outter

203 balance

105 sag

11-13 out fork comp

soft on shock.. doesnt seem to care works everywhere