Bikes Stolen - Glen Helen area

HI Guys,

I've got a good friend that had his bikes stolen Saturday September 12th from Motel 6 in San Bernardino. Appreciate keeping an eye out. Here is the info:

"Afternoon , I wanted to send you photos of the bikes that were stolen from myself a week back , we were down to do the SRA GP at Glen Helen and at 4am a couple guys stole our bikes , stolen was a 2001 Kawasaki KX500 and a 2012 Yamaha WR 450 , The KX was JKAKXVECX1AO30634 the WR was JYACJ16Y5CA000325 , the WR had 622 on the number plates , also had a recluse clutch and TBT suspension stickers on the forks , both had IMS large clear tanks pass along if possible , , thanks for anything you can do to help , my name is Carl Cox and my cell is 559-474-9523 , thanks and have a great day ."

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

IMG_4055.JPG

You never ever leave your bike(s) in the bed of a pickup or an open trailer in a motel parking lot.  That is a guarantee of theft.  Looks like what happened here?

I have done it many times with a few caveats.  I either park in front of the check-in office (literally - just ask for permission) or I make sure that my room is on the first floor and park my truck in front of the room and crack my window open.  I still have a lock on my bike.   What do you suggest?

I have done it many times with a few caveats.  I either park in front of the check-in office (literally - just ask for permission) or I make sure that my room is on the first floor and park my truck in front of the room and crack my window open.  I still have a lock on my bike.   What do you suggest?

Boxvan

• Like 1

If you are going to leave the bike in the back of a truck, at least secure it with a couple of locks and cover it with a tarp. Also, tie a few bells to the bike and tarp so you can easily hear if someone tries to steal it. 

You won't get away with that for very long in San Bernardino.  Couple weeks ago on my way home from the track, I went into a store in San Bernardino and left my window open for my dog.  As I came back to my car there was a guy parked next to me with his hood up and he was obviously pretending to be working on his engine.  As soon as he saw that it was my car he packed up and got out of there quick.

• Like 2

You won't get away with that for very long in San Bernardino.  Couple weeks ago on my way home from the track, I went into a store in San Bernardino and left my window open for my dog.  As I came back to my car there was a guy parked next to me with his hood up and he was obviously pretending to be working on his engine.  As soon as he saw that it was my car he packed up and got out of there quick.

you need a meaner dog ?

• Like 2

I have done it many times with a few caveats. I either park in front of the check-in office (literally - just ask for permission) or I make sure that my room is on the first floor and park my truck in front of the room and crack my window open. I still have a lock on my bike. What do you suggest?

You take the bike into the room with you

• Like 3

You take the bike into the room with you

I have actually done that many times.  Obviously things to consider when reserving your roach motel are 1st floor with door to the outside.  Most roach motels are setup this way.  Then going through the task of unloading and pushing your bike in ninja style all the while looking out for the rednecks/thugs scoping the area while you are in motion....