Sign in to follow this  

2016 250xcf vs fe250

I can't choose! Money isn't an issue and I'm already on a xc 250 but I miss the tumper. So if any of ya have one please let me know the pros & cons of it, thanks!

I can't choose! Money isn't an issue and I'm already on a xc 250 but I miss the tumper. So if any of ya have one please let me know the pros & cons of it, thanks!

Monk - don't start that 250 vs 350 discussion :rolleyes:  (I've got the 16 350XCF!)

My buddy has a 250FE that I've ridden many times.  Great bike and performance wise should be very similar to a 16 250XCF.  The XCF will have more off road focused suspension settings (which out of the box work better for most riders compared to the FE).  XCF also has 6 speed, kick stand, bigger tank, 18" rear wheel, o-ring chain.  You can get the updated 16 250SXF EFI map and battery installed into a 15 250FE (there was a product update from KTM).  The FE sure looks nice with orange frame and triple clamps along with Red Bull graphics though you can get similar graphics for a 16 SXF.  

Maybe Grunthump can chime in as he has a 16 250XCF (with some nice graphics and FMF).

My 350XCF.....

BB350XCF2_zpsf8cgvw7w.jpg

Monk - don't start that 250 vs 350 discussion :rolleyes: (I've got the 16 350XCF!)

My buddy has a 250FE that I've ridden many times. Great bike and performance wise should be very similar to a 16 250XCF. The XCF will have more off road focused suspension settings (which out of the box work better for most riders compared to the FE). XCF also has 6 speed, kick stand, bigger tank, 18" rear wheel, o-ring chain. You can get the updated 16 250SXF EFI map and battery installed into a 15 250FE (there was a product update from KTM). The FE sure looks nice with orange frame and triple clamps along with Red Bull graphics though you can get similar graphics for a 16 SXF.

Maybe Grunthump can chime in as he has a 16 250XCF (with some nice graphics and FMF).

My 350XCF.....

Wasn't, just figured with him considering a 250f coming off a 250 2t, hr might be disappointed in the softer power. The 350 bridges the gap well...

I have the 16 350XCF and have to say it is the best handling KTM I've rode/owned and I've owned a few....the new chassis is very nice and the light weight is great. I am coming off a 15 YZ250FX and this 350 feels so much lighter and IMO handles better the front end just goes where  you want it.....And power it has as much as I'll need and then some....I will probably be gearing mine down some because of the type of riding I do and I don't need a dirt bike that will do 90mph LOL  I've read about a lot of guys loving the new 250XCF as well so I'm not sure you can go wrong with either. Good Luck

Just an FYI but the 16 250 XCF is a completely new designed motor and frame, I believe the 16 FE did not receive the changes. 

The Husky is the old tech, unless you buy the FC series

The KTM is the real deal.

My buddy has a 15 350 & that's what made me want a 4stroke again. I race down here in the 250 class and don't want to move to the big bike class, they're way faster then us. Maybe it's the HP difference or, maybe they're just badass either way I don't really want to find out. WMR race shop sponsors me &I I feel like they can get the thumper to come alive a little more.

Also that 350 looks amazing

cmfk what type of riding do you do? You really can't go wrong either way...a local AA offroad kid here in MN has over 100hrs on his FE with zero issues, I only have around 10hours on my 16'250XCF and love it more every time I ride it (which includes plenty of mx track practicing)

Hopefully moving to A class this season in a hares ramble series down south, and I'm talking bout the husky, tho if I had 20grand to turn the factory edition into a off-road machine I'd be on it! Russell FE looked amazing

Monk - don't start that 250 vs 350 discussion :rolleyes: (I've got the 16 350XCF!)

My buddy has a 250FE that I've ridden many times. Great bike and performance wise should be very similar to a 16 250XCF. The XCF will have more off road focused suspension settings (which out of the box work better for most riders compared to the FE). XCF also has 6 speed, kick stand, bigger tank, 18" rear wheel, o-ring chain. You can get the updated 16 250SXF EFI map and battery installed into a 15 250FE (there was a product update from KTM). The FE sure looks nice with orange frame and triple clamps along with Red Bull graphics though you can get similar graphics for a 16 SXF.

My 350XCF.....

Not trying to hijack the thread but where can you get the red bull graphics?