Waiting for your new Beta....? Whine Here.

It will use whatever you put in any other dirtbike.

But they spec:

Engine: Motul 7100 10W40

Clutch/Trans: Motul Transoil Expert 10W40

Cost will vary.

http://www.betausa.com/sites/default/files/pdf/MUM_RS4T_MY2016-LR_0.pdf

exactly what I use in my 430. In NJ roughly run me about $30 for the 2. Every other change oil filter , another $10. Have to remember where but I saw site you can order bigger sizes of oil. It'll save few bucks

exactly what I use in my 430. In NJ roughly run me about $30 for the 2. Every other change oil filter , another $10. Have to remember where but I saw site you can order bigger sizes of oil. It'll save few bucks

https://www.amazon.com/Motul-7100-Synthetic-Ester-Motor/dp/B00IKCY9RK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472827711&sr=8-1&keywords=motul+7100

How are you going to pay for your new bikes? Dealer finance, cash? What's the smartest/cheapest way to do it? I might finance mine or take out some personal loan because I don't want to spend all my cash which I want to use for other things. Also how long is the warranty on a new Beta? I'm just curious to see if it's smarter to buy it in the spring so in case anything goes it will be within the warrant period. Thanks.

How are you going to pay for your new bikes? Dealer finance, cash? What's the smartest/cheapest way to do it? I might finance mine or take out some personal loan because I don't want to spend all my cash which I want to use for other things. Also how long is the warranty on a new Beta? I'm just curious to see if it's smarter to buy it in the spring so in case anything goes it will be within the warrant period. Thanks.

My 300RR has a 6month warranty. I assume they all do, but not 100% sure. I don't like paying interest. I'm paid mine in full. If you can get an interest rate on a loan that is smaller than the interest of putting your money away then that would make financial sense. But a bank may demand you insure the bike and you need to take that cost into account as well.

Paid cash for the first one.  Running this one through the bank for 4% (not all of it, but part of it)  

I've been saving up for it for a couple years. Well, trying to. I've finally built up about half of the price, the rest will come from tax return. I'm paying the full amount on my credit card to get the miles, and then rolling it into the card with 0 interest for a year on balance transfers. It gets me a couple hundred bucks worth of travel miles and some time to pay what I haven't saved up yet. I'm not a fan of spending money I don't have yet, but my wife insisted I finally buy a new bike. Probably just to avoid hearing any more about how much I need one.

Edited by usagi
  • Like 1

Well I made the sad sad decision to not buy the 2017 300rr right now. My reasoning is that I live in the Northeast, yes I ride until there is snow and even ride out on the ice with studs, but that's barely 3 months and more than likely I wouldn't be riding that much at all due to the cold. Also I didn't remember until a few days ago Beta has a 6 month warranty that would be better spent if I got the bike in March/April and get to have a warranty all peak riding season. I don't think there are many changes settings wise for the 2017s but it would provide me with an opportunity to see what new mods are coming out for 2017 and also get to see what people have done for changes, settings and any kinks should be worked out by then.

In addition to these reasons, I'll be receiving a large tax return of $3-$4k, (I'm a tax accountant and project my returns), my bank will provide me with about a 3% interest loan by pulling money from the equity of my house, then maybe if I am feeling it I will sell the 2015 XT and have all the cash to pay without getting the loan.

I also have a yz 125 I just finished that needs to be rode and I also have a trials bike that has been rode 3 times this year.

All in all my impulse to buy it right now is saying buy buy buy! but after talking to my race buddies and such this just seems to be the best way. Hope your bikes come in soon and I can't wait to see them!

Well I made the sad sad decision to not buy the 2017 300rr right now. My reasoning is that I live in the Northeast, yes I ride until there is snow and even ride out on the ice with studs, but that's barely 3 months and more than likely I wouldn't be riding that much at all due to the cold. Also I didn't remember until a few days ago Beta has a 6 month warranty that would be better spent if I got the bike in March/April and get to have a warranty all peak riding season. I don't think there are many changes settings wise for the 2017s but it would provide me with an opportunity to see what new mods are coming out for 2017 and also get to see what people have done for changes, settings and any kinks should be worked out by then.

In addition to these reasons, I'll be receiving a large tax return of $3-$4k, (I'm a tax accountant and project my returns), my bank will provide me with about a 3% interest loan by pulling money from the equity of my house, then maybe if I am feeling it I will sell the 2015 XT and have all the cash to pay without getting the loan.

I also have a yz 125 I just finished that needs to be rode and I also have a trials bike that has been rode 3 times this year.

All in all my impulse to buy it right now is saying buy buy buy! but after talking to my race buddies and such this just seems to be the best way. Hope your bikes come in soon and I can't wait to see them!

I just retired and I'm spending my kids inheritance. 

• Like 4