idea for wr problems

You guys should all go to all the motocross and supercross races as well as the big enduros, worcs bajas ect... and make huge banners that say something like "ask me why not to buy a yamaha" or "my 03wr3450 wont start, thanks yamaha" or "Yamahas is screwing there customers" I mean big banners they will be on TV and I bet the mags might take some pics, and I bet the factory reps will talk, Just an idea it would be neat to really piss them off. I know Im a honda guy but that just sucks. Just an idea!!!

Problems?!? you mean the starter problems? (That are fixed for this year anyway?) We've still got a kicker & hey, you mean there's actually a company other than KTM that even makes a 'competition' dirt bike with an electric starter?! Who are you going to complain to, all the Honda CRF450R riders who get pissed off everytime we hit the starter button while they're trying to kick-start their bike?! Haha! ?

You guys should all go to all the motocross and supercross races as well as the big enduros, worcs bajas ect... and make huge banners that say something like "ask me why not to buy a yamaha" or "my 03wr3450 wont start, thanks yamaha" or "Yamahas is screwing there customers" I mean big banners they will be on TV and I bet the mags might take some pics, and I bet the factory reps will talk, Just an idea it would be neat to really piss them off. I know Im a honda guy but that just sucks. Just an idea!!!

Problems?!? you mean the starter problems? (That are fixed for this year anyway?) Hey, you mean there's actually a company other than KTM that even makes a 'competition' dirt bike with an electric starter?! Who are you going to complain to, all the Honda CRF450R riders who get pissed off everytime we hit the starter button while they're trying to kick-start their bike?! Haha! ?

Fix for '04 maybe, but you still have thousands of guys out

there with the problematic '03 models and Yamaha doesn't

care.

Who they going to complain to? Anyone who'll listen because

the '03 WR450 guys got screwed, plain and simple.

I for one, like the idea of having something printed on a

T-shirt and then attending the supercrosses. Better yet, go

down to the Yamaha camp at the next race and hang out in front if their tent for awhile. :D

Laugh all you want with your '04, but the '03 guys aren't

laughing.

I would be nice if Yamaha backed up their product. I feel for all the guys who are having problems with their bikes. Not wanting to sound as if I am on Yamaha's side on this, but the problem is that these problems have only occured in a small percentage of the total bikes produced for 03. Also the problems seem to occur because of the way the bikes were jetted, either by Yamaha or the Dealer mechanic or maybe yourself, so who is at fault here. I still believe Yamaha should stand by thier product and give some sort of discount on parts ( I have heard some dealers are doing this for their customers) and labor for the starter issue.Just my opinion.

I would be nice if Yamaha backed up their product. but the problem is that these problems have only occured in a small percentage of the total bikes produced for 03. Also the problems seem to occur because of the way the bikes were jetted, either by Yamaha or the Dealer mechanic or maybe yourself, so who is at fault here. I still believe Yamaha should stand by thier product and give some sort of discount on parts ( I have heard some dealers are doing this for their customers) and labor for the starter issue.Just my opinion.

Your point is understood, but any backfire could cause the starter mech to break rendering the bike unstartable. Our bikes have been failing mostly when riding out in the boonies. I think it would make sense to have, in the e starter components, a "weak point" to fail leaving the kick start still available to finish off the riding day.

hey rat racer I wasn't trying to start something I have friends with wr's. You should read a bit on the problems tell you what when we ride with the guys that have 03 wr450 they make sure before we ride SOMEONE has a tow strap, count yourself lucky if you havn't had problems. I have beef because in six months I have been stranded 3 times by the blue, on 2 seperate bikes. Only time in 26 years of ridding and on yamahas??? Loved the bike when they ran! Thats why I ride xr650's now, its big but it works ALL THE TIME! ?

This is why I'm happy I have an 02'. ?

they will make you take them down or be kicked out. ?

I'm glad I have a 426, becuase they would be dragging me out kicking and screaming if I got screwed as bad as the 03 450 guys did. I would put the banner on the side on my 15 foot enclosed trailer so everyone at every race could see it.

04 starter conversion parts are doing well! ? David that must be one hell of a strong camelback back-pack to carry all your tools. :D

Actually, I have the MSR Dual-sport fanny pack and it's so big it's more like a fanny-suitcase! I need the extra room to pack all my spare woodruff keys. Geez...I'm such a pessimist. :D