Gnarliest trail pics ever!

ya mean this one

Haebecks_zpsr54ub0p8.jpg

and this one

more013.jpg

?

Yes on the first one, we'll come down that - Bise Hill, and go up the draw between the two photos (to the left of the first, and the right of the second there are two draws up the hill). Looks like you can get back to the power line road that runs by the top of Bise Hill and get back to main riding area.  Totally agree on the moisture, the sand really starts to stick together much better once it starts getting moisture back in it. 

Sorry I haven't posted any pics yet, I don't have any from years earlier on this fancy phone ha, but I love the pics! My worst gnarliest trail was back side ofColumbia mountain in Columbia falls Montana, log crossings over deep canyons, big river crossing's, lots of shale and steep switch backs. But after this thread I've seen some awesome trails!!!!

Actually the back side is pretty good anymore, back in the early 80's there were a couple of spots that you needed a spotter on "just in case", haven't ridden that in the past six or seven years now but do know the last time I rode it they had widened part of it and improved the rock climb where you had to loft over a three foot gap just off the start.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like a puss after looking at some of these pictures.  Most of these places I wouldn't ride because #1....it would tear the crap out of my bike and body  2#......my NUTS just aren't big enough.  I will stick to riding Juniper, pounding whoops all day is much more to my liking.  My hat is off to you guys that ride the steep cliff trails.

• Like 1

I feel like a puss after looking at some of these pictures. Most of these places I wouldn't ride because #1....it would tear the crap out of my bike and body 2#......my NUTS just aren't big enough. I will stick to riding Juniper, pounding whoops all day is much more to my liking. My hat is off to you guys that ride the steep cliff trails.

Shoot.. If you can ride sand you can ride anything. Juniper is gnarly too. I know trail guys that won't ride there. It's just what ever your comfortable with. I ride nasty single track all summer long and love it. But Juniper is my absolute favorite! Was just there today, and as always, it did not disappoint.

• Like 1

Just got done riding Juni today, live close by and ride from my shop.  Sand riding is waaaaay more forgiving than tumbling done the side of a mountain.  I will say there is definitely a sand technique one must adapt to and sand has humbled more than a few riders, but still my hat comes off to you guys that are doing the nasty trails.  

PS, those of you that are riding Juni, make sure you get a Medstar membership, its only like $150 for 3 years, if you crash at Juniper and have medium to a significant injury, you will be flown out. As a member of the volunteer fire dept, I see it time and time again, the flight is well over $5000. 

Something I leaned about that insurance, Not all the copter services take it.  For example one area we ride has 2 services, one does , one doesn't.  You got a 50/50 chance of the right one being called,  the same owner has both so they tend to take turns. Juni might be different?

Something I leaned about that insurance, Not all the copter services take it.  For example one area we ride has 2 services, one does , one doesn't.  You got a 50/50 chance of the right one being called,  the same owner has both so they tend to take turns. Juni might be different?

Juniper is just Medstar

• 9 months later...