Who carries med insurance on MC?

So my insurance came due, changed policies. I usually get liability because I treat it as a dirtbike and I'm not going to be involved with cars on the road. But now I'm thinking for that reason should I increase the medical? Even though I have medical though my employer?

Guess to much is better than not enough..

So my insurance came due, changed policies. I usually get liability because I treat it as a dirtbike and I'm not going to be involved with cars on the road. But now I'm thinking for that reason should I increase the medical? Even though I have medical though my employer?

Guess to much is better than not enough..

I hope you don't ride with the impression your going to break your leg or something, takes a lot of the fun out of it. I'm in my 50's, and I'm not proud of this or anything, but I have no health insurance at all.

I hope you don't ride with the impression your going to break your leg or something, takes a lot of the fun out of it. I'm in my 50's, and I'm not proud of this or anything, but I have no health insurance at all.

i went 3 yrs. without health ins. cause of obamacare.i was extra carefull and my wife was nervous.just got reinsured and now my family has to make budget cuts cause of the xtra cost since the new law.

i went 3 yrs. without health ins. cause of obamacare.i was extra carefull and my wife was nervous.just got reinsured and now my family has to make budget cuts cause of the xtra cost since the new law.

Ya but think of all the chronically uninsured that you have helped due to this small sacrifice you had to make. They deserve free or heavily subsidized coverage unlike you.

Ya but think of all the chronically uninsured that you have helped due to this small sacrifice you had to make. They deserve free or heavily subsidized coverage unlike you.

no one deserves anything unless they work for it. Just saying there should be no free ride. I work my ass off with two jobs.
  • Like 3

It's probably been 15years since I've had to see a doctor for anything, the last being a hernia. I didn't have insurance then, but paid for it myself. Medical costs have gone sky high since, and I seriously doubt I'd be able to swing it today. My problem is, I was raised by parents that grew up during the great depression, and I, like them, am incredibly cheap. I also don't tolerate getting ripped off, like the way these insurance companies are charging over the top coverage rates. My motorcycles insurance policy does cover me medically in the event of a street accident, at a reasonable rate as well. I also have an affordable policy through AAA that is like life insurance, but also pays me X amount of money daily if I'm unable to work due to a motor vehicle accident

Insurance buys peace of mind. Peace of mind means different things to different people. Without insurance YOU pay the bill. With insurance you have been putting money back all along so YOU still pay the bill. Peace of mind is all you get with insurance. I have insurance for everything. It's only worth it when I need it. Till then? It's money spent on "peace of mind."

So you went 3 years without health insurance because of Obamacare(?) and now you're unhappy having insurance again (Obamacare) because you have to pay for it?  

So you went 3 years without health insurance because of Obamacare(?) and now you're unhappy having insurance again (Obamacare) because you have to pay for it?  

i went three yrs.without  ins.because my state(washington) was the first state to adopt the obamacare rules even before they went into effect.by doing so my affordable ins.co.stop doing business in this state because the cost of doing business became too high,so then that eliminated the competition and now ins.in this state took a sharp uphill increase and has not slowed down.i am not unhappy with having health ins.everyone wants it,i am unhappy about the fact that i am paying 3x as much now and have a higher deductible.i am not alone on this.the mainstream media just wont talk about it.

• Like 3