Sign in to follow this  

2015 FUEL CONSUMPTION

Hi, my 2015 loves fuel  i empty the tank in about 1.5 hours in the track.

the bike is dead stock  and i use the stock coupler, does it make sense ? 

yes

If it is deep bring more than you think you will need. I've sucked down over 7 gallons in a single day at a sand track down south. I brought 5 gallons thinking that would be plenty and I was out shortly after 2pm. I bought another 3 gallons at the track and almost used all of that by about 5pm or so. 

Nothing impressive really lol... I'm just not experienced in the sand so I am very slow, and I had trouble keeping my momentum up. My first trip to the deep sand was unlike anything I have ever ridden in. Lots of wheel spin and lots of wasted fuel due to not being smooth. I fell a lot too so not sure how much fuel I dumped that way. It was a blast though. I love riding in the sand now.

Edited by BDubb106

7 Gallons ? thats extreme !

i usually go through 1.5 tanks   {about 10 liters} in a day thats about 2 hours of riding and thats it im done  after that  mistakes starts to happen and then i eat dirt..:-]

love my zook any way ! 

and if we are talking about sand - how much rear sag do you have in sand condition and what tires ? 

It can be done in a day in the snow as well. I've never made it past 2 tanks in the snow because I get cold but my RMZ sucks it down in the snow. It's not that difficult to do in a full day. I did a lot of riding off the track as well that day. We played around in the trails as well. So unless someone helped themselves to some of my fuel thats how much I went through. 

I think I was running an MX 31 at the time. I don't remember the rear sag. 

BTW, I don't think I have ever made it through more than 2 tanks of fuel on a normal track in a full day.

Edited by BDubb106