Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone ever hauled 4x5 round bales?

I don't currently own a side by side but am considering buying one. My interests are purely utility and I'm curious if anyone has or currently hauls 4x5 round bales in the box. They can vary in physical weight up to 800-900lbs depending on machine wound density and material type. Just curious if it can be done safely and without damaging equipment.

I don't currently own a side by side but am considering buying one. My interests are purely utility and I'm curious if anyone has or currently hauls 4x5 round bales in the box. They can vary in physical weight up to 800-900lbs depending on machine wound density and material type. Just curious if it can be done safely and without damaging equipment.

that might be something you should ask a dealer. You may need to use a trailer to haul them.

Most of the dim whit sales people here will tell you what you want to hear and more than likely don't even know what a 4x5 round bale is. I was hoping for real world opinion.

that might be something you should ask a dealer. You may need to use a trailer to haul them.

So you think a county kid doesn't know what a 4x5 round bale is? You must be out of your mind. Don't ask them straight up if it would be able to just ask the weight limit of the machine your looking at buying.

A country kid would know, my area is not the "country".

So you think a county kid doesn't know what a 4x5 round bale is? You must be out of your mind. Don't ask them straight up if it would be able to just ask the weight limit of the machine your looking at buying.

You can get an old used pickup cheaper than a side by side. I haven't seen a sxs yet that is big enough for a round bale.

• Like 1

I would honestly never put that amount of weight on a side by side. I'm sure you could beef it up to carry it. But stated like before best to just get a trailer for it and still be able to haul 2-3 bales then.