Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse m/c adjustment on 300RR '14

Can anyone give me some advice,I have a rekluse fitted to my 300 and it's fine. As I said in a previous post,off the back of a ride on my 300 my friend shot out and bought a used 300RR,it was fitted with a Rekluse.

So I was running through his bike with him and the free travel in the rekluse was about 15 MM,it should be about 3.

I backed off the adjustment screw and found the bite point,the manual says 1 complete turn plus 4 clicks as a base setting,his total adjustment is just half a turn from the bite point???

I Stripped the clutch and the thin steel plate that should go in first was about mid pack,so corrected that,

Should I start finding adjustment point with the adjuster pre-bite point and wind in from there or have we missed something?

If you have too much freeplay gain you need to turn the adjuster screw in clockwise. You're on the right track for adjustment. Now that your plates are in order it should be a snap to adjust. I go by feel. I keep mine just a bit over 3mm. Make sure the bike is fully warmed up before setting. I found that even at 3mm I would get a lot of slip in the higher rpm range. Better to have more freeplay gain than not enough. 

I had trouble getting the free play gain on my Rekluse right. I ended up having to add another spacer washer to the throw-out to get it right. See my thread with details here "Rekluse adjustments":

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1873534

and here "ANOTHER Rekluse Throwout adjustment":

http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1925387&posted=1#post1925387

Hopefully that helps you.

some kits have been sold with some wrong parts such as the slave.the wrong parts made getting proper adjustment challenging.best to contact recluse for exact details.dan

some kits have been sold with some wrong parts such as the slave.the wrong parts made getting proper adjustment challenging.best to contact recluse for exact details.dan

YES Dan!! Now that you mention it, my upgraded adjustable slave had the wrong pressure plate plug in the kit!! I went nuts trying to figure out why my slave adjuster screw went all the way in. In Rekluse's defense, I called and they promptly figured out I had the wrong part and sent me out the right one next day air.