Sign in to follow this  

Handguard + Clutch perch + Decomp lever = compatibility

Hi!

I have stock bike with the stock handlebar. XR600. My clutch bracket is broken. Now time to think abt handguard.

Will you recommend  tandem of  aftermarket clutch perch, handeguard and decomp lever bracket. What should I buy

Here is the picture of my broken clutch lever bracket. Decomp lever bracet is not broken.

xr_6.jpg
xr_1.jpg

I dont have any recommendations, but was curious why it broke. Freak hit? Did you have the mount slightly loose, so it can turn or slip when crashing? or put some teflon plumbers tape on bar before tightening . I also lok-tite screws, since I run them a tad loose, because they want to vibrate out when not torqued down.

I would stay with stock and get a set of full wrap handguards. I have been down in the rocks many times and would have destroyed my levers (and fingers) without full wrap guards. I have a mangled left index finger from 30 years ago to remind me why full wrap handguards a good idea! If I had them then, I'd still have a normal fingernail and feeling in my fingertip.

It happened when bike crashed on the left side. My clutch braket was tightened strong and can be sliding on the handlebar with effort.

I'am thinking about easy pull clutch lever http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1156821-easy-pull-clutch-lever/

but hesitating about compatibility with decomp lever and handguard ( did not bought yet).

Edited by vitamintwin