Sign in to follow this  

Places to ride near Long Beach CA

We have non street legal bikes with NH OHRV stickers. What are the best places to go that are near Long Beach CA, and what do we need to do to get in.

We have non street legal bikes with NH OHRV stickers. What are the best places to go that are near Long Beach CA, and what do we need to do to get in.

If I am assuming correctly NH OHRV is an out of state OHV registered off road vehicle ???

If that's true you are good to ride any legal off road location in CA as is.  They expect you to carry your registration and drivers Lic if old enough to have one.  But won't ask unless stopped for a citation.

Closest NON track spot is Hungry Valley SVRA in Gorman CA. About an hour north off the 5 FWY.  It's a State Run OHV park with a small fee.

http://ridersonline.org/2012/gorman.htm

MUST HAVE SPARK ARRESTOR...  THEY WILL PROBE AT THE GATE.

They have free trail maps at the gate.

The Las Padres Nat Forest is connected to the SVRA but not all trails in the forest are open just now.

Have fun.

• Like 1

If I am assuming correctly NH OHRV is an out of state OHV registered off road vehicle ???

If that's true you are good to ride any legal off road location in CA as is. They expect you to carry your registration and drivers Lic if old enough to have one. But won't ask unless stopped for a citation.

Closest NON track spot is Hungry Valley SVRA in Gorman CA. About an hour north off the 5 FWY. It's a State Run OHV park with a small fee.

MUST HAVE SPARK ARRESTOR... THEY WILL PROBE AT THE GATE.

The Las Padres Nat Forest is connected to the SVRA but not all trails in the forest are open just now.

Have fun.

Thanks so much man my family is planning a trip and this will be great to ride out there. So helpful. :)

• Like 1

We even have a temp OHV sticker for Non Residents in the event you have an unregistered OHV.  Some states don't do OHV registrations at all.  It's not required if you are OHV registred at home

If ever needed costs about $30 for a year.  Pretty much what we pay for our own bikes.  

Nice thing about out of staters is you never have to concern yourself with the red sticker - green sticker thing we CAs do on certain bikes that restricts when some bikes can be ridden.

As a visitor you are golden all year long no matter what you ride.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25669

We even have a temp OHV sticker for Non Residents in the event you have an unregistered OHV. Some states don't do OHV registrations at all. It's not required if you are OHV registred at home

If ever needed costs about $30 for a year. Pretty much what we pay for our own bikes.

Nice thing about out of staters is you never have to concern yourself with the red sticker - green sticker thing we CAs do on certain bikes that restricts when some bikes can be ridden.

As a visitor you are golden all year long no matter what you ride.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=25669

Awesome thanks for the reply. So hyped!

• Like 1

Go a bit further have one of these guys guide you

and ride a Spangler or a Jawbone while you are here.

Being from New Hampshire it will blow you away.

If you do want to drive about 3 hours and ride the El Pasos or Spangler Hills there are plenty of us to show you around. I know the area and can give you just about any ability/distance loop your heart desires. These are all open trail areas, doesn't cost anything to ride there, just the gas and time to get there and back.

If you do want to drive about 3 hours and ride the El Pasos or Spangler Hills there are plenty of us to show you around. I know the area and can give you just about any ability/distance loop your heart desires. These are all open trail areas, doesn't cost anything to ride there, just the gas and time to get there and back.

Hell from Long Beach he's only about 2 hours...  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hell from Long Beach he's only about 2 hours...  :thumbsup:

I only drive 10-12 mph over the speed limit Jeff, I'm on a fixed income now, can't afford a ticket anymore :lol:

• Like 1

I'm from Long Beach...everything's pretty far

~65 miles: motocross track (milestone MX) - but the 91 can get bad

~75-80 miles: Cajon Junction/Baldy Mesa OHV

~85-90 miles: Gorman/Hungry Valley OHV

but if you're that far...another 20-30 mins will bring you to more areas

that's why I have a plated bike...can ride down the street mid-week, and 40 miles will take you to trabuco canyon road for a quick 1 hour rip

If that's true you are good to ride any legal off road location in CA as is.  They expect you to carry your registration and drivers Lic if old enough to have one.  But won't ask unless stopped for a citation.

Closest NON track spot is Hungry Valley SVRA in Gorman CA. About an hour north off the 5 FWY.  It's a State Run OHV park with a small fee.

MUST HAVE SPARK ARRESTOR...  THEY WILL PROBE AT THE GATE.

Have fun.

Rowhler flatts in santa clarita is probably 25 minutes closer than Gorman.