Sign in to follow this  

New guy from Colorado

Good day to all. Getting back into riding again and found this fourm. Rode dirt bikes and atv since a little kid in the desert's of California. Haven't ridden in 10 years and now live in Colorado. Looking forward to getting up in the mountains.

Welcome to TT.  What part of CO.  I'm at the bottom, just south of Durango into NM.

Mountain riding will be over shortly for the year. Capt jacks is a close ride if you have not done it yet. Once the snow flies 4 mile is about it for riding that isn't tracks.

• Like 1

Mountain riding will be over shortly for the year. Capt jacks is a close ride if you have not done it yet. Once the snow flies 4 mile is about it for riding that isn't tracks.

I thought you couldn't ride Captain Jacks on a moto anymore. I could be wrong, but pretty sure Captain Jacks is Mtn Bike/Hike/Hores only now. 

You have winter options nearby, PPIR in Fountain for a winter fix, Four mile as mentioned, Texas Creek to the south, etc. try the where 2 ride tab at the top of the page.

Last I heard on jacks you could go to just before crankcase alley. Or come in from the other end by my rosa. To be honest I have not ridden it in a couple of years.

Hey I'm also new to Denver as of a few months ago -from Mi. So the options nearby for the winter are PPIR, Four mile, and Texas Creek? Is no one doing a winter HS series anymore? Let me know if anyone wants to brave the weather and go roostin

You could probably throw RAM & Penrose OHV area into your winter list as well.  And most local tracks... some have additional semi-interesting riding areas as well.

Aztec does a winter MX series.  No local winter HS now that I am aware of...

PPIR had great conditions Sunday.  Bit of snow in the shady areas, but not bad for December.  There is one section of mud on ice that makes getting through interesting.  The bikes look real nice after that...

PPIR had great conditions Sunday.  Bit of snow in the shady areas, but not bad for December.  There is one section of mud on ice that makes getting through interesting.  The bikes look real nice after that...

Thanks for posting this!  I was just about to ask.  IMI was pretty muddy on Sunday, unrideable for me because I'm just too slow in it, but the fast guys weren't having a problem.  Bike is a mess.  I might skip out of work on Thursday and head down to Fountain.

I was contemplating PPIR last weekend, but looked like it was gonna be muddy in the trees....ie.. pretty much everywhere.  Sounds like it was better than I was guessing but still muddier than I like. I hate getting everything muddy. Was hoping to go this weekend, but it sounds like its gonna be cool again, if so, I'll prolly wait.  I'm not yet desperate to get a ride in.

If you go this Thursday King, please let us know what the conditions are.

Will do. I have a solid couple hours of de-mudding my bike first... ugh.  Definitely should have skipped riding last weekend, didn't have fun and now have so much work to do.

It was muddy only in the far South East section/brushy section.  Many guys were taking a bypass of that part of the loop- the trail going into and out of that area are only a few yards apart.  Of course, i'm not that smart and had to spend a lot of time cleaning....  Mud on ice is no fun.....

Everything else was ideal.

Does anyone know what's up with the Honor Farm land in Pueblo? Looking for some other winter riding options. BTW, heading to Ram tomorrow.

Anyone want to ride on Sunday? Anywhere is cool

Depends on the snow we get on Saturday... I didn't get out this week, too much going on, so hopefully something will be rideable this weekend.

a buddy and I made the trek over to the western slope on Wednesday, we tried McCoy but it was pretty snowed over. went to Rifle (Hubbard Mesa OHV), it was rideable, but the snow made it tricky in spots. we finally ended up near baxter pass (4 road in Mack, CO)  it was sick. perfect conditions, if you're willing to make the drive.