Sign in to follow this  

cr125 or 125sx

Hey all been some time since I've posted here, to sum it all up had to sell my drz400sm got into some trouble :( now looking for mostly a small single tracker since all the trails I ride are extremely tight and im a small dude and also hit the lots once inna while, so anyway  been cruising the classifieds I truly want a yz125 but the pickins are very slim the best I could find in my price range are a 98 cr125 and a 05 ktm 125sx, I know the sx is probably a better machine all around since I hear the 98 crs have the shite alu frames and jetting issues and also a lack of power, the cr I was interested in has a few mods and been maintained extremely well had a peek and test ride the other day, any how it runs mint has had a fresh rebuild crank piston and all bearings v force reeds new carbs that have been jetted new chain sprocket fork seals goes on and on, I havent had a chance to peep the ktm yet but in all your opinions which bike would be a better investment cr is 2k obo and ktm is 2400 obo and both have ownership

Hey all been some time since I've posted here, to sum it all up had to sell my drz400sm got into some trouble :( now looking for mostly a small single tracker since all the trails I ride are extremely tight and im a small dude and also hit the lots once inna while, so anyway  been cruising the classifieds I truly want a yz125 but the pickins are very slim the best I could find in my price range are a 98 cr125 and a 05 ktm 125sx, I know the sx is probably a better machine all around since I hear the 98 crs have the shite alu frames and jetting issues and also a lack of power, the cr I was interested in has a few mods and been maintained extremely well had a peek and test ride the other day, any how it runs mint has had a fresh rebuild crank piston and all bearings v force reeds new carbs that have been jetted new chain sprocket fork seals goes on and on, I havent had a chance to peep the ktm yet but in all your opinions which bike would be a better investment cr is 2k obo and ktm is 2400 obo and both have ownership

Out of those two I'd go for the KTM unless its a bad deal.

I'd spring for a newer CR or KTM though, also do not discount the other 125s.

Some grammar would be nice, too, by the way.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but this is just common &%$#@! language. It's so annoying to read and hear it talking in their "hip", "sharp", "dope" new meaning of  English and it's just so damn annoying. USE &%$#@!ING SPELL CHECKER AND STOP TRYING TO ACT "HIP" ON A FOURM

I'm sorry but this is just common &%$#@! language. It's so annoying to read and hear it talking in their "hip", "sharp", "dope" new meaning of  English and it's just so damn annoying. USE &%$#@!ING SPELL CHECKER AND STOP TRYING TO ACT "HIP" ON A FOURM

I don't recall using either of the aforementioned terms, either way, had I known my grammar and or punctuality was so heavily under check and so dire  to the TT community I would have certainly spent my time correctly writing my formal post. For future reference I suppose, anyway thank you all.  MrCB you also could of thrown me some advice to go alongside   the verbal ass raping :).  

• Like 1

Id swing with the ktm I'm a honda man myself, and would choose that bike any day of the week because I'm brand loyal, but on 05 is 7 years newer which means 7 more years of testing to get it right and probably also easier to find parts. I don't know much about KTMs, but thats my .02 cents. 

For grammar i don't see it, i read the post fine. 

Id throw a quick search through google "05 KTM 125sx issues"

98 was the first year that cr125s were offered with the aluminum frame and I'm always skeptical about buying first year products with big changes like that, to me they always seem untested.