Sign in to follow this  

Highway WR250R Gearing(Auto clutch?)

Hello, I own a WR250R, I love the thing but hate taking it on the highway because it usually requires high rpm usage, but I wanna keep some of its low end grunt to use as a trail bike for more technical riding, I wanted an opinions.

I wanna do long distance journey but don't want a different bike.

So would heightening the gearing and adding an auto clutch work for the technical stuff? I have no experience with auto clutches but everyone describes them as objects that can do magical things, so could it make my bike work both highway travel and tight woody areas? Would and Autoclutch and Taller gearing still work for difficult riding?

The auto clutch would make it easier on you but harder on the bike. I have one on my YZ and if I ride in a taller gear it will overheat.

The WRR doesn't mind revving on the highway with stock gearing. I hate taking mine on the highway because it eats up my knobbies.

Im thinking of putting taller gearing on mine. Planning a 2000 mile trip in a couple years. I was planning on switching to a 14t front. Possibly going down 1 or 2 in the rear as well