Sign in to follow this  

Clutch basket for Rekluse; steel, or billet aluminum( Rekluse)

I was in the process of installing a Rekluse clutch on my bike and have to replace the clutch basket . What do you recommend?

barnett clutch basket!!!

mine lasted 5 hard years before it finally got minor notching in the SS tabs on the fingers. emailed them and they said its covered under their lifetime warranty so I sent it to them, they replaced them all for free, and didnt even charge shipping back to canada which was around 30$ and I was more than happy to pay.. nope.  20$ to ship it to them, and they did the rest. very quick too. very impressed with barnett.

you cant go wrong with service and quality like that. 

• Like 2

EXP core 3? If so. Rekluse or Hinson basket.

it's the exp core 3.0, and that is exactly the question; of those 2, which would you use.

it's the exp core 3.0, and that is exactly the question; of those 2, which would you use.

I sold my bike with the core 3 before getting one but Intended to get the Rekluse basket. My replacement bike, non Rekluse bike, has the Hinson.

I like to match quality brands where I can. I.e, Full Rekluse clutch setup, Full Hinson setup. I don't think you can go too wrong with either though. Both are a quality product. Buy depending on price.

You'll never get your money back on aftermarket parts. But, you'll sell it quicker, and get closer to your asking price, when a potential buyer can see you've gone for the top shelf  :thumbsup: .

Edited by AddictedToBling

I sold my bike with the core 3 before getting one but Intended to get the Rekluse basket. My replacement bike, non Rekluse bike, has the Hinson.

I like to match quality brands where I can. I.e, Full Rekluse clutch setup, Full Hinson setup. I don't think you can go too wrong with either though. Both are a quality product. Buy depending on price.

You'll never get your money back on aftermarket parts. But, you'll sell it quicker, and get closer to your asking price, when a potential buyer can see you've gone for the top shelf  :thumbsup: .

thanks, I was leaning toward the Rekluse, but was curious about steel basket after seeing the abuse to the stock(Honda) one.

barnett clutch basket!!!

mine lasted 5 hard years before it finally got minor notching in the SS tabs on the fingers. emailed them and they said its covered under their lifetime warranty so I sent it to them, they replaced them all for free, and didnt even charge shipping back to canada which was around 30$ and I was more than happy to pay.. nope. 20$ to ship it to them, and they did the rest. very quick too. very impressed with barnett.

you cant go wrong with service and quality like that.

Agreed. Barnett for sure. 4 years of racing mx on my Kx450 and no noticeable notching at all. Just ordered one for my YZ as well.

thanks, I was leaning toward the Rekluse, but was curious about steel basket after seeing the abuse to the stock(Honda) one.

I ride an RM. Notorious for chewing out clutch baskets. Even more so than the Honda's. I have a Hinson basket in a 144cc. I've abused it pretty good. Still looks new.

• Like 1

The quality of the oil in your gear case will have everything to do with basket life. KTM has gone back to steel if that tells you anything. Rekluse said they are not even bothering making one for he Husky because of this. Says something. Just like a lifetime warranty says something!

The quality of the oil in your gear case will have everything to do with basket life. KTM has gone back to steel if that tells you anything. Rekluse said they are not even bothering making one for he Husky because of this. Says something. Just like a lifetime warranty says something!

What? Lol

• Like 1

I ride an RM. Notorious for chewing out clutch baskets. Even more so than the Honda's. I have a Hinson basket in a 144cc. I've abused it pretty good. Still looks new.

How about the gearbox components? Those have proved to be cheese on RGVs.

I had to do my shift forks, gear clusters, clutch basket (filed stock as I don't have the cash for the clutch I want) fibres.

How about the gearbox components? Those have proved to be cheese on RGVs.

I had to do my shift forks, gear clusters, clutch basket (filed stock as I don't have the cash for the clutch I want) fibres.

I bought all new gears, forks etc, and had them all Isotropic super finished ;) . "Prevention is better than a cure".

I went with the Rekluse basket, so I hope it holds up. I am not a pin-it-to win-it, type rider, casual trail. I also change the trany side oil every ride, so it should last. Looks extremely well made. Thanks for the input. If I have to do it again, I'm going with the Hinson steel.