Sign in to follow this  

Water pump rebuild help

Leaking coolant from the weep hole . Gonna order a rebuild kit and change the seals. Is it possible to change the outer oil seal without splitting the case? Please help. Thanksimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by kellyleake

you can change everything on the waterpump  just by taking off the crank case cover.. doesnt involve "splitting" the center cases.. I would also change the right side crank seal while you are in there.. they can cause problems after they get worn...

Edited by Snider
  • Like 1

Pay attention to the bearings. They should be replaced too. Typically they are the cause for the seals to wear out. Check the impeller shaft for grooves where the seal rides.

There is a rebuild kit out there, just can't remember the company that sells them.

Just stick bubblegum in it.

Cool. What flavor should I use though? The oem tastes like rice

Edited by kellyleake
  • Like 3

you can change everything on the waterpump  just by taking off the crank case cover.. doesnt involve "splitting" the center cases.. I would also change the right side crank seal while you are in there.. they can cause problems after they get worn...

Yup, you are removing the inner clutch cover, not splitting cases. It will take you a good days work the first time that you do it, but it's MUCH easier every time afterwords.

• Like 1

Got the hot rods rebuild kit . The impeller shaft had bad grooves so I replaced that too. Out on a 5 day riding trip now. 3 days down. So far so good, except we got rain and 40 mph wind today here in stoddard valley. Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by kellyleake