Sign in to follow this  

Are all plastics created equally? Any deals out there?

I want to clean up the look of my '05 DRZ. It is the stock yellow. I want to go all white. It seems Acerbis plastics are a little more expensive. Are they worth the extra money? Are there cheaper ones that should be avoided? 

As I'm putting money into other parts right now I've decided to just replace the front fender and headlight cowl which were mismatched. Thanks for the comments!

• Like 1

a dealer in town announced its an official dealer of the RTech. ill order a set from them that way if they don't fit it'll be an easy return.

• Like 2

I have the R-Tech plastics on my bike. Have only had these and the stock yellow plastics. They fit well and look good, but scratch quite easily. Not sure how the Acerbis ones are.

vehicles-407514-0-96262800-1438546146.jp

vehicles-407514-0-85860000-1438546175.jp

vehicles-407514-0-58642300-1438546241.jp

vehicles-407514-0-97325900-1438546267.jp

vehicles-407514-0-35079400-1438546276.jp

vehicles-407514-0-17441200-1438546285.jp

Older pics, right after applying the graphics. Pay no attention to the horrid seat... Working on replacing it!

• Like 1

No problem with my Acerbis set. They are softer than OEM plastics. My understanding is that all aftermarket plastics are designed for the E model which is slightly different for the rear fender.

• Like 1

My understanding is that all aftermarket plastics are designed for the E model which is slightly different for the rear fender.

Yeah. R-Tech plastics are the same as all the others in this regard. Rear fender bolted right on when I had the stock "E" subframe on, and I had to make some cuts when I installed an "S" subframe.

• Like 4

The colours can vary depending on manufacturers

Yup, colours (good Cdn/UK spelling) can vary. Just learned that. Ordered a "yellow" Acerbis fender and it is far from the oem color. Argh.

• Like 2

I have Acerbis rear and side plastics on my bike with UFO front fender and radiator shrouds. I have two different brands because I wanted black in the rear and yellow up front and it worked out that way when buying my plastics. Both brands seem to be made to the same high quality, look good together and fit just fine. As mentioned earlier the rear fender is for an E model so you will have to do some cutting. I just used a dremel with a cutting wheel and put the old rear fender in front of me for reference and free-handed it. Turned out great and you can't even tell it was cut unless you crawl up under the rear fender and really look.

• Like 1

I recently bought a full set of R tec white plastic off eBay 80 bucks. Originally I was only looking for a rear fender and number plates. But seemed like a good deal for the hole set. Every pice fit perfectly. Even better then my oem stuff. Cutting the E fender to fit the S pretty easy too.

• Like 3

Do Rtec plastics come with the silver heat tape in the area of the pipe?  

My acerbis side panel did not. Autozone has a 12x24 piece for $22 and has enough to do two side panels matching factory

• Like 2