Sign in to follow this  

Crf250r hard to start

I have a 2004 crf250r that had a complete rebuild about 1 year ago, only about 5 rides on it. The bike is extremely hard to start! I was trying to start it up today. It took about 15 kicks for it to only start for less then a second (not exaggerating!) and it only did that about 2 more times after many tries... Any ideas?

I have a 2004 crf250r that had a complete rebuild about 1 year ago, only about 5 rides on it. The bike is extremely hard to start! I was trying to start it up today. It took about 15 kicks for it to only start for less then a second (not exaggerating!) and it only did that about 2 more times after many tries... Any ideas?

If we rule out valves, since you say it's a fresh rebuild.....sounds like a fuel supply issue

When was the last time it ran? Did it start easy after the rebuild? To cut to the point, has it sat for a while since it last ran? If so, pull the carb, clean well, and see how it goes :ride:

Keep us posted

It did sit for like 2 months, and it ran fine after rebuild, I'm going to clean the carb, thank you!

It did sit for like 2 months, and it ran fine after rebuild, I'm going to clean the carb, thank you!

if you have fuel with ethanol in it that is likely the reason.

drain all the old gas, clean the carb then fill with fresh gas.