Sign in to follow this  

what are you buying for your CRF250L this winter?

It's cold and raining in North Carolina today and I'm dreaming of spring and what I want to do to my bike over the winter what do y'all have planned?

FMF powercore and mega bomb header

Skid plate

D606 rear tire

13 tooth and 42 tooth

• Like 2

Quote:

It's cold and raining in North Carolina today and I'm dreaming of spring and what I want to do to my bike over the winter what do y'all have planned?

Got it a few weeks ago. A heated jacket !...ride :)

Edited by Dogger
  • Like 1

I just bought some powermadd gauntlets for it and à new klim arctic balaclava for me.

Edited by lmavin

Already ordered the stuff for the upgraded clutch mod, and waiting for my new radiator to come in. Might throw some Racetech parts in the front forks. Doubt much else will be done over the Winter.

FMF powercore and mega bomb header

Skid plate

D606 rear tire

13 tooth and 42 tooth

I'm in NC too, near Durham. Where are you?

Yeah, cold and rain. Think we might still get a few warms days though, or at least warm enough.

This winter -- probably some new bars. Maybe FMF Q4 to reduce some weight.

I'm going to do the full race-tech setup also. 

That's a good idea. I've given that some thought as well. Do you know -- will a race-tech upgrade also help handling on the street or is it just for dirt/trails mostly?

• Like 1

I asked that exact question on here as I'm a 99% street rider.  Everything I've read is that it is a significant improvement to the bike both on and off road.

That's a good idea. I've given that some thought as well. Do you know -- will a race-tech upgrade also help handling on the street or is it just for dirt/trails mostly?

I asked that exact question on here as I'm a 99% street rider.  Everything I've read is that it is a significant improvement to the bike both on and off road.

The improvements are amazing on the street as well .............  my suggestion is to be completely honest with Race Tech and tell them exactly what your needs/wants are. Even tho I ride more street than dirt I wanted to be sure it was strong enough for jumping so I had mine set up for a mix of MX and single track. My bike seems to ride very firm on smooth streets but I would not call it rough. Good side of it is I never encountered a road to rough to travel ...  :lol:   It seems that on my bike the faster I go on the trails the smoother it rides. 

I am a big fan of Race Tech ...  :ride:

RT_E2Science_Logo.jpg

• Like 1

So, how does the whole race-tech thing work; I buy the pieces and then find a mechanic in my area who does the work?  Are there office 'race-tech' installers across the country?

• Like 1

I've bought a lot of stuff in the last month just getting up speed with gear and fluid changes for my new (used) purchase but Santa might just have to slip in a 13T under the tree. The $100+ upgrades will have to wait until next summer (hopefully when I go back to full time work).

• Like 1

So, how does the whole race-tech thing work; I buy the pieces and then find a mechanic in my area who does the work?  Are there office 'race-tech' installers across the country?

I sent my forks to California for Race Tech to do the work ... the rear shock will just be a bolt on part.

You can send an email to Chris at  chrisr@racetech.com  to get the ball rolling and get your TT discount ...  :thumbsup:   Then you can either ship your forks in or find a local place or take it to you closest authorized Race Tech installer ....   http://www.racetech.com/page/id/72 

name
Cogent Dynamics
description
33 Meadow Brook Dr 

Fletcher, NC 28732 

(828) 628-9025

www.motocd.com(http://www.motocd.com)

• Like 1

I am gonna do a clutch upgrade over the wwinter but hell it's only the begining of nov and I am a couple hundred miles north.  This is the best time to ride in my mind.  No heat, no tics, less foot and horse traffic.  I did the full race tech already and I can tell you its a great mod.  I only have 1 long ride on it but it is night and day on the dirt.  For 90% street I am not sure that I would have done it.  I think for my fat ass (225lbs) for mostly street I would have just did the forks and set the sag properly on the stock rear shock so the balance would be correct.  With that being said in stock form being way undersprung in the front and with the rear preload cranked all the way up I though on street handled really well.  

If you want to do the Racetech yourself, you can contact them and purchase a shipping container for your forks.

Got the 305cc & 43 tooth rear going on in January along with a few other goodies such as zeta brake/clutch levers, zeta chain guard and hopefully some bling rear brake and gear selector action but time will tell.

Edited to add that the clutch will probably get some attention early next year and i reckon something will need done to the front forks since I can't help but notice how lacking they are now that I have a decent shock fitted.

So here's a question, does racetech sell and ship the parts for the forks without fitting them? I'm in Thailand so it's totally out of the question me sending the forks to them...

Edited by CRFThai