Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Heading to NW LP of Michigan this weekend. In search of riders.

Hi all,

New to TT and bikes in general, however I am heading up the Baldwin area this weekend (Nov 5th-8th) and have yet to find a riding partner. I am going to ride Evart trail on the way up on Thursday the 5th, then most likely going to ride Tin Cup and Little Manistee on Friday and Saturday. I would like to try to ride Sunday morning as well but not sure which trail yet. I always ride with a partner or group to stay safe in case of emergency, but everybody I usually ride with is busy this weekend. I would risk riding alone but I recently hurt my hip falling pretty hard into a stump at Denton Creek ORV a couple of weeks ago after getting a little too aggressive on a soft berm. Luckily I had a buddy there to get my bike started again and help me back to the truck. If any of these days work and you want to ride let me know! I'm an intermediate skill level. 

• Like 1

Evart is a great ride, but may be a bit tough with leaves. Be careful riding there by yourself. We have a group from work riding somewhere in that area Sunday morning, just haven't made a decision where. Skill levels beginner-expert. I'll let you know as soon as we decide. You're more than welcome to join us.

• Like 1

As the week goes on i may know more on IF we are going up to baldwin. That was the plan. However if time becomes an issue that may change and we stay localish to muskegon. Rode evart last fall, he is right bout the leaves. Lot of hidden rocks. Part of it i know, just if u end up solo...keep em in mind.

• Like 1

Not sure where you're thinking of riding, but if you're thinking Traverse City area, the Iceman mountain bike race is going on. http://www.iceman.com/

Not sure where you're thinking of riding, but if you're thinking Traverse City area, the Iceman mountain bike race is going on. http://www.iceman.com/

The Iceman will all be to the North of Supply rd., the single track will be no problem.

• Like 1

The Iceman will all be to the North of Supply rd., the single track will be no problem.

Some of us ride more than just the singletrack. ;)  :ride:

I was at tin cup two weeks ago and it was a blast. Very whooped out though FYI

Those trails never get groomed for whoops...probably never will. Just let soil erosion flatten em out! Haha. Still fun, but the whoops do get old after 150yd at times. If I was A woods and could carry mid 4th through them to double/triple them....then they may be a blast!