Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Stabilizer Issues?

Anyone have issues when using fuel stabilizer in their bike? I added an ounce of Stabil 360 to a full tank and my bike is running like crap. Some white smoke out the tail pipe, sluggish acceleration, and some minor hesitation. I've used the same stabilizer in the previous tank and didn't have any issues though.

Come to think of it, I cleaned my air filter with kerosene last go around. Perhaps this is causing issues. I probably should have followed up with regular filter cleaner to remove the kerosene residue huh?

Edited by mossman77

It's something else, more like water in the fuel.  Air filter might be it, but if you wrung it out good, I doubt that would be it.

I would see if you get the same thing on the next ride, and if so, drain the tank and put in fresh fuel, then check again.

Jim.

It's something else, more like water in the fuel.  Air filter might be it, but if you wrung it out good, I doubt that would be it.

I would see if you get the same thing on the next ride, and if so, drain the tank and put in fresh fuel, then check again.

Jim.

Okay.   Hopefully that's it.  I got the gas two weeks ago on a road trip and it sat in the back of my truck in the rain for several hours one morning.  I had the cap on snug, but not tightened all the way.  Perhaps some water made its way in.

Edited by mossman77

I have used regular Sta-bil at the end of each season for years and I have not had issues. I agree you may have got a bad batch of gas. Try draining the tank and put in fresh gas.