Suspension Setup on TE310

Hey everyone, I was curious to see if anyone knows anyways of increasing the seat height on my 2011 te310 x-lite model. At the moment, its basically at stock settings, but I'm thinking of purchasing a larger rear spring and then getting the suspension guy to tune both front and rear suspension for me. Could someone tell me if that would work or if theres any other solutions that I could consider?? :confused: That would be awesome. I really don't know much about suspension just the basics. Thanks heaps. 

Hey everyone, I was curious to see if anyone knows anyways of increasing the seat height on my 2011 te310 x-lite model. At the moment, its basically at stock settings, but I'm thinking of purchasing a larger rear spring and then getting the suspension guy to tune both front and rear suspension for me. Could someone tell me if that would work or if theres any other solutions that I could consider?? :confused: That would be awesome. I really don't know much about suspension just the basics. Thanks heaps. 

I'm not sure if when you say stock setting you mean that it's sag has not been changed by you. First make sure that it's sag is set at 4" with all of your gear, backpack/toolbag, water etc. If you've already done that then adding a higher seat would be the next thing to do. Hopefully you'll find something more local but here's a USA place to find a higher seat. http://www.seatconcepts.com It might be helpful if you posted your hight/inseem plus weight. For more fine tuning your skill level and what conditions you ride in. 

Edited by MotoXImage

Springs won't change seat height.

On a properly set up bike thats true. I'm not sure if Willdog is actually referring to ride height since he mentioned a "larger rear spring" I think the 2011 TE310 rear spring is wieghted for riders around 170 + or_ 20. If he falls within those plus or minus limits the stock spring with correctly set sag should be fine. If he's a 200 lb plus most likely he's referring to ride height and a stiffer spring may do the trick to keep the bike from squatting to much under weight. 

On a properly set up bike thats true. I'm not sure if Willdog is actually referring to ride height since he mentioned a "larger rear spring" I think the 2011 TE310 rear spring is wieghted for riders around 170 + or_ 20. If he falls within those plus or minus limits the stock spring with correctly set sag should be fine. If he's a 200 lb plus most likely he's referring to ride height and a stiffer spring may do the trick to keep the bike from squatting to much under weight.

Thanks for your help mate. Yeah I'm referring to the riding height (I wasn't too clear before). To me the bike is just to low to the ground compared to my mates Rmz's, sxf's, crf's, kxf's etc. Plus I'm 6 foot 1 so would be great to get a little more height out of the bike if I can.

I'm baffled by this question. The x-lite Husky is one of the tallest stock bikes available.  All of my Japanese bikes sit about 1/2 inch or lower at the seat than my Husky(don't own a KTM).  Maybe you just have your forks slid up in the triple clamps and your sag is way off?

Edited by Slackkinhard

Thanks for your help mate. Yeah I'm referring to the riding height (I wasn't too clear before). To me the bike is just to low to the ground compared to my mates Rmz's, sxf's, crf's, kxf's etc. Plus I'm 6 foot 1 so would be great to get a little more height out of the bike if I can.

Your certainly welcome Willdog. I suspected that your a taller rider because most posts on this bike are regarding lowering it. If your over 200 lbs you'll more than likely benefit from a stiffer spring. If your not over 200 then your in luck. Setting the sag on the stock spring to 4" or 100mm might be all that you need. I'm 170lb - 5'6"bought my 2011 used from a guy that weighed less than me. He had the sag set to 95mm which made it ride higher and also stiffer in initial stroke, quicker rebound and also made it turn quicker.  This bike comes well set up from the factory for trail riding and it's balance is exceptional. If you closer to 220lbs it would be a good idea to contact your suspension expert in order to keep that balance front and rear. 

Your certainly welcome Willdog. I suspected that your a taller rider because most posts on this bike are regarding lowering it. If your over 200 lbs you'll more than likely benefit from a stiffer spring. If your not over 200 then your in luck. Setting the sag on the stock spring to 4" or 100mm might be all that you need. I'm 170lb - 5'6"bought my 2011 used from a guy that weighed less than me. He had the sag set to 95mm which made it ride higher and also stiffer in initial stroke, quicker rebound and also made it turn quicker.  This bike comes well set up from the factory for trail riding and it's balance is exceptional. If you closer to 220lbs it would be a good idea to contact your suspension expert in order to keep that balance front and rear.

Great that's really really helped me. I'm 82kg which is around 180lbs I think. Yeah I'll fiddle around with the sag again to see if I can get it at 100mm. The bike is awesome like you said really well balanced. Not only do I do a lot of trail/enduro but I also take it on the mx tracks aswell and it performs fantastic! I'll try and get it at 100mm and the bike will be perfect! Thanks MotoXImage!
  • Like 1

I'm baffled by this question. The x-lite Husky is one of the tallest stock bikes available.  All of my Japanese bikes sit about 1/2 inch or lower at the seat than my Husky(don't own a KTM).  Maybe you just have your forks slid up in the triple clamps and your sag is way off?

The forks are as low as they can go in the triples. Yeah I think my sag maybe off so will fiddle around with that today and see if that'll make a difference which I'm shore it will.

Great that's really really helped me. I'm 82kg which is around 180lbs I think. Yeah I'll fiddle around with the sag again to see if I can get it at 100mm. The bike is awesome like you said really well balanced. Not only do I do a lot of trail/enduro but I also take it on the mx tracks aswell and it performs fantastic! I'll try and get it at 100mm and the bike will be perfect! Thanks MotoXImage!

Glad it makes sense. I'm an X So California MXr  20 years ago a bike like this was my dream bike. Only problem is I didn't dream about riding it with a body thats 20 years older ?)

On the track I think you'll find the forks to be pretty soft.  If you plan on hitting any big jumps, be aware cuz that stock spring rate won't hold you if you land wrong

Edited by Slackkinhard

On the track I think you'll find the forks to be pretty soft.  If you plan on hitting any big jumps, be aware cuz that stock spring rate won't hold you if you land wrong

Yeah true, I've already gone over the bars cause of that haha. I'll have a play with the suspension today I have a fair idea how it works, but I'm taking the bike into my mechanic tomorrow to get a few things done to it (tune up, valve clearances etc) and he said that he does a lot of suspension setups aswell, so might just get him to do it see how I go.