Sign in to follow this  

valve recall for 06 yz250f ?

I don't believe the titanium valves were replaced with steel ones, but titanium valves that were made correctly.

Edited by YZEtc
  • Like 1

Yes, the valves were replaced but as YZTEtc states. There will be a punch mark on the headstay of the frame next to the VIN if the recall was done. The recall has ended and if your bike does not have the punch mark, Yamaha is not going to do it for free. Release date for a 06 was over ten years ago.

Old news, and no they did not put stainless intake valves in them, the issue was a bad batch of intake valves, they would break at the stem, I bought a 2006 new actually the first one Middletown cycle got in and I brought the issue up to the dealer after I brought the bike home and was concerned, after some researching on their end they allowed me to drop my bike off and later got my bike back with new valves and a dimple placed above the vin number ( I forget which character it was above in the vin)

Dealer tried giving me the shaft saying it was fixed at the factory and I said if it was fixed it would have a dimple above the vin, they verified that info and I was set, if your bikes that old and the stems haven't broke there's no need to panic or it's probably already have a valve job at this point in its life.

Edited by yzdude250f