Sign in to follow this  

YELLOW FORK BOOTS=AWESOMENESS!

OH YEAAHHHH!!!! Plate graphics coming tomorrow.I'm more of a Yamaha motocross guy,but I just got this 2005(2100 original miles)DRZ Dual-

sport,and I am diggin' it!I'm definitely a noob when it comes to removing canisters and wiring tail lights,and figuring out vacuum tubes,

and all things street,so please forgive my excitement at even minor victories and accomplishments,but I'm having fun!!! Thanks!!002.JPG004.JPG011.JPG015.JPG

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 8

Thanks,guys.Daystar 69 series if anyone's interested. I am going to have to drill some holes on the back side of them in a line(just like the stock black ones have)on the lower part of the folds so they will stop suctioning to the

fork leg.File that under,"Things I wish I would have thought of BEFORE I put them on".

Edited by flapwick
  • Like 2

OH YEAAHHHH!!!! Plate graphics coming tomorrow.I'm more of a Yamaha motocross guy,but I just got this 2005(2100 original miles)DRZ Dual-

sport,and I am diggin' it!I'm definitely a noob when it comes to removing canisters and wiring tail lights,and figuring out vacuum tubes,

and all things street,so please forgive my excitement at even minor victories and accomplishments,but I'm having fun!!! Thanks!!📎002.JPG📎004.JPG📎011.JPG📎015.JPG

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice find!! real clean for a 10 year old bike.  I agree, part of the fun of owning these bikes is custumising it to your personal tastes.

I'd be losing that bar end weight for some good full hand guards.

• Like 1

Yea man, looks good.  How do you like that headlight so far?  Have ya had it off road at all?  I was looking at that light for mine, but still undecided.

• Like 1

Thanks,guys.Daystar 69 series if anyone's interested. I am going to have to drill some holes on the back side of them in a line(just like the stock black ones have)on the lower part of the folds so they will stop suctioning to the

fork leg.File that under,"Things I wish I would have thought of BEFORE I put them on".

Do you have a link?  I put in the DRZ model and it only comes up with a black one.  

Do you have a link?  I put in the DRZ model and it only comes up with a black one.  

I don't know how to do the link thing(sorry!),but I got them from MotorcycleSuperStore,SKU # 233967.It seems to me that I couldn't find them on the Daystar website,but I may not be remembering correctly.

They are definitely the 69 series.F00069-YL-03

Edited by flapwick
  • Like 1

Yea man, looks good.  How do you like that headlight so far?  Have ya had it off road at all?  I was looking at that light for mine, but still undecided.

I took it with me to the track,and cruised around the track a bit.Immediately had to play with the clickers and set the sag.I got a heavier rear spring(I'm 230lbs.)for it,and the forks are not too far off.

I thought it handled pretty good,other than the super soft rear and a heavy feeling front end.I know it's not a moto machine.As far as the headlight,it was on the bike when I got it two weeks ago,so I can't compare it to the stocker.

Yes, the yellow looks nice. Saw a pic of a Zuk in an instructional book with the yellow and loved it. I'll do mine one day. I'm partial to the 2005 tank graphics too. Have you looked into getting some yellow airbox stickers?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DRZ400-Exhaust-Airbox-Graphic-Kit-Drz400sm-Number-Plate-drz-400s-400sm-air-box-/251774757994?hash=item3a9ef1ec6a:m:mbsW6pfk0muvbDqQ-20fgnQ&vxp=mtr

• Like 1

I just got some number plate graphics from Motosport today.I'll post pictures when I get them on.I think I'm gonna be the only Dual-sport rider in the country with my motocross number(35) on my DRZ.

Dork or trendsetter?? Only time will tell........