Cr80 bogging problem

I just rebuilt my cr80 with a wiseco racers choice piston stock bore the engine is a 1991 I also rebuilt the bottemend I put all new seals and all new gaskets I drilled wholes in the head gasket so that I could turn the head to miss the exaust I broke it in on break-in oil at 32 to 1 but I switched to Pennzoil semi-senthetic 32to1. In nutral you can rev it with no problems. When you shift in to first gear and it runs very well till you get a littel past the powerband then it acts like it is running lean and almost stalls but when In second it will barily hit the powerband and then bogs out and almost stalls when in third it bogs way more and won't even hit the powerband I haven't been in fourth yet. I am running a ngk 8 not the ten I herd the 8 will last longer it has good spark and I have gapped it to factory I have a fmf fatty and a 7mm exaust spacer and it has almost everything factory even the jets are factory according to my manual any help would be much appreciated

I ordered new reeds because it still has OEM ones also I will get a new sparkplug the 10 and see if that fixes it I know it was running to lean before the rebuild because of how the piston cracked it was due to too much heat and I don't know if this matters but before the rebuild I had a OEM pipe

The guy at the mechine shop who worked on the cylinder checked the bore and said it was good also do you know where I can get a stock jetting kit for the 95 and older carb or do I have to order a Chinese carb to take the gaskets and jets out of

Edited by 2stroke newb
  • Like 1

I found the problem the float was too far down I just needed to bend it and that seemed to fix the bogging also I have the air screw 1 turn out with the clip on the bottom of the needle i think I need to run 40 to 1 to get more to come out of the jets

• 4 years later...
On 11/3/2015 at 5:43 PM, Jimmy boy said:

If it didn't run like that prior to the work you did, then you need to go backwards over everything you did. It should run as good or better if everything thing was done correctly.

I have one fully rebuilt started 1st time easy ,then back to it had clean plug an clear as if flooded an started again ,on an off that day ,next day same thing as if flooding any ideas