Ratcheting Spanner wrench

I saw the plastic pin craftsman spanner ratchet set and went looking to see what else was out there and found these

Picked a set up from the UK,  really like it!   one end is standard spanner, the other side the lower jaw is fixed, the upper jaw pivots one direction basically unlocking enough to reposition without having to remove the wrench from the bolt 

alden_wrench.jpg

30_degrees.gif

http://www.chicagobrand.com/alden.html

ADPCB0002.jpg

Just as long as its not a Craftsman. ?

Mine are Snap-On's though I really do not use them much. Though the occasions I have very limited clearance over the top, they are real handy. I have a few times, tightened down a nut only to find that I could not remove it after, had to loosen the fastener and tighten with a crows foot.

• Like 1

Too much wear induced on the nut corners.

This type is much better:

I use those if I can these are a special tool when you need it they are a miracle.

I it does not grip when ratcheting so no more wear than a spanner, which is none AFAIK

I got some with a hinge below the ratcheting head, this is pretty good as when you turn the spanner over to reverse the ratcheting direction you can adjust the angle, rather than having it set parallel to the handle of the tool.  This is good when working in a tight spot or against a flat surface as you can bring the tool to a free space.  My only worry is that too much force would break the  hinge, but they have been brilliant so far