Sign in to follow this  

Best FWW for open desert racing

I ride a 2014 yz250 and was wondering what would be the best FWW to get for more open desert type racing? 9, 11 or 13oz? I'm trying to get more linear power. I was originally going to go EG 295 or ESR 325, but decided to try a FWW, rb head mod and adjust the timing and see if I'm satisfied.

I don't race desert but I use the Gytr 8.8 which makes the motor think it has 11 oz on it. It works great I would give it a try.

I did a search and was just replying to an older thread about the EG and ESR kits.. So your holding off a bit uh? I just bought a 16 and looking for feedback on the ESR 325 kit like what gearing and jetting , I see a 346 kit now that suckers gotta rattle..

I bought a gytr fww just have not put it on yet so looking forward to hear what you say.

I did a search and was just replying to an older thread about the EG and ESR kits.. So your holding off a bit uh? I just bought a 16 and looking for feedback on the ESR 325 kit like what gearing and jetting , I see a 346 kit now that suckers gotta rattle..

I bought a gytr fww just have not put it on yet so looking forward to hear what you say.

I actually went with the Eric Gorr 295 with mo betta porting. So far I love it. I'm going out to Barstow next weekend and will report back then

I've heard many claims that the GYTR 8.4 oz is equivalent in feel to much heavier weights because the GYTR supposedly has all its additional weight further from the center than bolt-on's like stealthy. I suspect this may be untrue. At least in the case of the 13 oz I can see that the much of the weight is even further from the center than the stock flywheel. I would guess after comparing them side by side that the 13 has a much greater rotational inertia than the GYTR. And it definitely smooths the ride more. I can't comment on the 11 oz because I haven't see one yet. Are they cut like the 13 with a large portion of weight outside the diameter of the OEM wheel?