Sign in to follow this  

Rmx clutch arm question

Changed the clutch plates on my 96 rmx 250. I took off the clutch arm and didn't mark or notice where it went(yea stupid mistake) changed out the discs and I can't get the clutch to engage/disengage properly. I found out that the clutch cable seems to be frayed so I ordered a new one. Can anyone tell me where the arm is supposed to land, or a measurement like I have in the pic? Thanks!

image.jpg

With the clutch cable disconnected or slackened off, and the release lever held to the point it would start to operate the clutch, I have a measurement of 2.25in or 57mm from the edge of the outer cable mounting boss to the centre of the nipple on the release arm.

Get a new cable fitted as that damaged one will be stretching when trying to release the clutch. Bike wet multi-plate clutches by design often are a bit sticky to release and draggy when cold.

Are you 100% sure the clutch and release mechanism is fitted as it was designed to be? Diagram in link.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/oem.php?partcategory=855198&manufacturer=5&category=5&year=1993&model=27578