New to group, looking to ride

I'm a 32 male, from bakersfield ca I just recently bought a 05 crf450r, found an ims 4 gallon tank for $100 pretty much new condition. It's been aa little while since I've ridden but I'm looking to getting back in the groove of things. Anyone nearby free on the weekends to ride?

Nice looking bike and welcome back to the dirt. Not sure how far you want to travel to ride, but there's a group of guys that ride just about every weekend under the intermediate rides thread. I know Joe was just up in keyesville last weekend and with winter riding season they will be headed out to the dez for a lot of their time. Krannie's just right rides are also part of the same group. Most of them are from the San Fernando valley and Santa Clarita valley, but they do the dez quite a bit....Cal City, Fremont Peak, the Rands and surrounding areas. If no one hits you up here and you want to ride the dez or Keyesville check them out, they're all a good bunch of guys.

• Like 1

Nice looking bike and welcome back to the dirt. Not sure how far you want to travel to ride, but there's a group of guys that ride just about every weekend under the intermediate rides thread. I know Joe was just up in keyesville last weekend and with winter riding season they will be headed out to the dez for a lot of their time. Krannie's just right rides are also part of the same group. Most of them are from the San Fernando valley and Santa Clarita valley, but they do the dez quite a bit....Cal City, Fremont Peak, the Rands and surrounding areas. If no one hits you up here and you want to ride the dez or Keyesville check them out, they're all a good bunch of guys.

I live not to far from the mouth of the canyon to go into isabella so Keysville would be fine or freeway Ridge trail. I 4 wheel my jeep all out in those area I'm pretty familiar with jawbone area. I just got my cal city sticker less than 2 Months ago so desert riding works for me as well... Last time I was there was I think July, when we had that random flash flood, we made it to randsburg before the cloud burst hit... That ride was pretty horrible on the way back!! I just had a 450x tank on my bike so I was praying I made it back to cal city! Anyway, yeah, hopefully I can get some ride time in soon! I should be doing isabella this weekend with a few guys from here.

Like SS mentioned, keep an eye on the Intermediate Weekend thread . . . we usually have something most weekends and even though we are mostly south of you, we get up your way or in the middle a lot.  Were hitting LPNF tomorrow, casual ride/pace/terrain (depending on the loop, probably a bit tamer than what you'd find in the area by the lake) . . . feel free to come on out.

Not sure if you can do Friday, but I'm headed out to the El Pasos for a day ride. Meeting of with a guy I worked with (he's closer to your age, I'm 60). He's camping at Dove Springs, but we'll do the not so traveled stuff, try to get a 40-50 mile loop in....I hate whoops?

If you can do it, hit me up... I live in Bear Valley