Sign in to follow this  

Is it possible to bolt a CR500 jug onto an RM125 bottom end?

Is it possible to bolt a CR500 jug onto a RM125 bottom end? Or would I have to buy a CR500 bottom end too?

Should bolt up, gives you alot more compression if you use the rm 144 piston aswell. Don't forget to adjust your muffler bearings and change ( or clean) your powerbands.

• Like 2

Using the CR500 cylinder is just a compromise. :lame:

Better to go with a stroker option for more torques. I carefully measured up the RM125 casings and found that by using 20,608 crankcase gaskets I was able to widen the casings enough to install a larger 15m long crank to increase engine output.

Admittedly I did need to source an extra few cylinders to make it run properly but the increase in combustion events per revolution really helped smooth out the power delivery. I was able to drop one tooth on the rear sprocket which was a surprising bonus as the bike now weighs 7 tonnes...

Here's the vid of them making my new crank. Engineering buffs should dig the machining process. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCoHkl75-Dc

All you need is a TIG welder, hammer and a file! Also take measurements with a micrometer, mark it with chalk or a crayon and make your cuts with a chain saw! :lol: