Sign in to follow this  

Wheel compatibility

I'm looking a getting 06 450r and it has a 18" rear rim and i would want to go back to the 19" one and was wondering what other bikes would have the same wheel to fit

I'm looking a getting 06 450r and it has a 18" rear rim and i would want to go back to the 19" one and was wondering what other bikes would have the same wheel to fit

02-12 rear   fronts are all the same except different size brake rotors on different years but yours will bolt on no problem

Best to use another honda wheel and only the 450x or cr250 has the same 19x2.15 wheel. All the crf250 wheels are 19x1.85.

Or you can buy a new rim and a set of spokes and reuse your current hub.

But i wouldnt bother, the 18" wheel is less susceptible to flats and better for trail riding. It is however a bit heavier.

Edited by nzgsr

Best to use another 36 spoke honda wheel and only the 450x or cr250 has the same 19x2.15 wheel. All the crf250 wheels are 19x1.85.

Or you can buy a new rim and a set of spokes and reuse your current hub.

But i wouldnt bother, the 18" wheel is less susceptible to flats and better for trail riding. It is however a bit heavier.

Rear is 32 spoke.

• Like 1

I ran a 1.85 wheel on my 450 and it was fine. It actually felt like it turned better.

If I had not just went tubliss and pit a new tire on last week. I would have traded you my 19 for 18. 18s seem to be more forgiving for trail riding.

You are way overthinking this. There is little difference in the the outer circumference of an 18" and 19" because the tire sidewalls are smaller on the 19".

Just run whatever it has, and if you dont like the gearing, then start swapping sprockets.

The ONLY advantage of a 19" is better tire selection and slightly lower weight.