Sign in to follow this  

Torpedo7 Supermoto Wheels

Guys, 
I just bought the CNCs from Torpedo (for DRZ400E - Black) and have a problem.

The gap between the front fork and the tyre is about 4-5mm more so than the left side. So the wheel is not centered.

Torpedo tech supporting still scratching their heads on this one.

Sounds like it's just a matter of adjusting the spokes to move the rim over a bit. How the rim is centered over the hub is called Dish. 

Any experienced wheel builder would be able to adjust that. You could give it a go, but I'd probably have someone with some experience do it myself. I've seen improperly tensioned mountain bike wheels go out of shape with disastrous results. 

loosen everything and bounce the front end a few times, then try again. if the axle is in a bind, it will throw off the wheel alignment. 

if that isn't is, cut new bearing spacers from pipe (lowes/home depot/etc) and fix it. i wouldn't risk breaking spokes or screwing up the dish of a wheel for a bearing spacer. 

Guys, 

I just bought the CNCs from Torpedo (for DRZ400E - Black) and have a problem.

The gap between the front fork and the tyre is about 4-5mm more so than the left side. So the wheel is not centered.

Torpedo tech supporting still scratching their heads on this one.

Hey John, i'm having a similar problem and not sure whether i have put the spacer in correctly. Did you end up resolving this issue?

If your brake disc is centered in the caliper spacers are OK. You can move the rim over by loosining the spokes on the tight side 1/4 turn all the way around the rim and tighting the other side 1/4 turn. repete if needed. Doing it this way will keep the wheel pretty much in true.

• Like 1