will my '13 scott's brp submount fit my 2015 ktm 350?

• TT Sponsor

I just got a 2015 ktm 350 sxf and was wondering if I can just take my brp scott's sub mount off my 2013 ktm 350 sxf and bolt it right on.

Yes the triple clamp part will bolt right on. We have done a running change to the framebracket and no longer use the 5928 framebacket on newer bikes. If you try it and have troubles with that bracket staying on the new bike then you will need to get the new one

Thanks-

Eric

• Like 1

thanks

Yes the triple clamp part will bolt right on. We have done a running change to the framebracket and no longer use the 5928 framebacket on newer bikes. If you try it and have troubles with that bracket staying on the new bike then you will need to get the new one

Thanks-

Eric

umm, why would I have any troubles? lol

• TT Sponsor

thanks

umm, why would I have any troubles? lol

We used that bracket on 08-15 bikes but we would occasionally get reports of customers having to do a little bit more filing or grinding to the frames than what is normal. We never saw this in person until late 2014 and determined that it affected 13-15 bikes and made a different bracket for those frames. Saying that there are lots and lots of those older bracket that people have on these bikes so if it fits yours then all is well. If you have to do more filing to the frame than what seems normal then get the new bracket.

so I finally attempted to do the swap and it didn't work.... the problem wasnt the frame or anything major. the problem was the steering stem nut (If that's even what its called) hits the nut on the bottom of the damper. the nut on the 2013 bike is different than the one on the 2015.  is there an easy fix for this? like a nut that comes with the 2015 mounting kit?? or should I just grind some material from the top of the nut??

• TT Sponsor

when I get a chance i'll try this and let you know

when I get a chance i'll try this and let you know

Sorry about the late response, got lost in all the holiday shuffle.

We actually supply a new bolt on the later model bikes that need it. You should be able to use an earlier model bolt if you need to or call us to buy our bolt.