Sign in to follow this  

my pro circuit Ti4

i just today installed a pro circuit Ti4 muffler from an rmz450 mated to a factory E model header and midpipe. the system looks great,sounds great, is considerably quieter than my stock modified Sm exhaust and feels lighter but it has less power right through out the rev range. am i missing something? i thought the main restriction with the SM exhaust was the header pipe. the procircuit muffler has the quiet insert in it,would that really reduce the power so much?

i picked it up for a bargain price but you can imagine how annoyed i would be if i paid 450 dollars for a high end muffler and it makes less power than my rusty old modified standard exhaust. 

this muffler is only 76db at idle. i didn't check my modified standard exhaust but it was way louder, it was any easy fit except for a 30mm spacer at the subframe bracket

would the lack of power be a jetting issue?

IMG_3116.JPG

IMG_3196.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

IMG_3203.JPG

IMG_3201.JPG

IMG_20151102_165955.jpg

i'm running a slant body FCR. from memory the jetting is

pilot jet 45

fuel screw 2 turns out

emn needle 4th clip from the top

155 main jet

3x3 mod 

Remove the quiet insert. If flow is restricted by the muffler, header diameter doesn't really matter.

Remove the quiet insert. If flow is restricted by the muffler, header diameter doesn't really matter.

i tried removing the quiet insert. exhaust became really loud with almost no difference in power or throttle response

How big is the exhaust output opening? I had a Pro Circuit with a 1.75" opening (basically straight through) and the power was great. It had a spark arrestor in it which didn't seem to effect the power at all. However the 1.75" diameter opening was very loud.