Sign in to follow this  

Do most clutch levers fit into most clutch lever perches/brackets?

Currently, this is the lever I have on my bike:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEFT-CLUTCH-LEVER-HONDA-CR80-CR80R-CR85-CR85R-CR125-CR125M-CR125R-CR250-CR250R-/221598457389?fits=Year%3A1997%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3ACR125R&hash=item33984c1e2d:g:FXgAAOSwQItUJH7t&vxp=mtr

However, I really don't like it because the lever is short, and it sticks out far from the actual handlebar.  Since I don't need much travel on my clutch pull, I want something more like stock, something longer, and curved down to make a short pull, with plenty of leverage.  I was going to get something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clutch-Lever-for-Honda-44-1012-/331519824783?fits=Year%3A1997%7CMake%3AHonda%7CModel%3ACR125R&hash=item4d301f138f:g:KrYAAOSwrklVHCA5&vxp=mtr

So the question is, will this lever fit into the current perch that I have?  I'm not sure if most levers are designed to be swapped in and out of perches.  Thanks!

Who knows?

The first lever and perch, you only know the travel (assuming the ad is accurate, and I doubt it) of the lever is adequate for the bikes listed.

The second ad infers the lever is a replacement lever for the bikes listed (again, I doubt it) and intended for use in the stock perch.

Slight variations in thickness at the perch and the angled cut where it meets the perch as well as the location of the cable attachment point to the pivot bolt can vary.

Will it work? Probably. Will it be right? Doubtful. Will you care? Depends on how picky you are.

Seems to me if you "want something more like stock" then you might try going with stock lever and perch, just saying.

• Like 5

Right, but I basically said that because I want a longer lever.  Which happens to be what the stock is.  I don't care if its stock, just that it has the same functionality as stock, which is an easier, more comfortable pull.