Sign in to follow this  

2015 Crf250L Clutch Problem

Hi I have a 2015 Crf250l and after doing a muddy ride yesterday and comming back home the bike can move but if I give too mutch gas the bike wont accelerate i am not certain what it is and I do not hear any noise from the engine or any smell. I am wondering if anyone has an idea of what it could be?

Hi I have a 2015 Crf250l and after doing a muddy ride yesterday and comming back home the bike can move but if I give too mutch gas the bike wont accelerate i am not certain what it is and I do not hear any noise from the engine or any smell. I am wondering if anyone has an idea of what it could be?

You can try adjusting it but, This bike uses a judder system in the clutch that lets it slip by design ...  :facepalm:    and makes it a weak link. I removed mine and now my clutch is simply awesome and super grippy like it should be ...  :ride:  

Me and many others have upgraded our clutch and springs ........ read all of this thread and ask any more questions you need answers to ...  :thumbsup:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1144402-removing-clutch-side-cover/page-1

Edited by gnath9

Maybe there is mud around the clutch linkage preventing it from returning all the way?

Edited by jim331656

Maybe there is mud around the clutch linkage preventing it from returning all the way?

Thanks I will clean the bike more thoroughly tonight and see if it will fix it.

Thanks I will clean the bike more thoroughly tonight and see if it will fix it.

Just take a quick look.   Operate the clutch and see where it moves by the engine.  If there is some crap in there it is probably not returning. 

• Like 1

Thanks I will read up on it and possibly upgrade the clutch and springs

the parts are not expensive. The parts and links are all in that thread and just based on your location you would greatly benefit from the upgrade. In my particular case I always felt the the clutch was slightly slipping and I have done lots of mods to improve power and wheelie capabilities .... it was the new clutch that was able to produce 3rd gear wheelies not just the added power. 

the parts are not expensive. The parts and links are all in that thread and just based on your location you would greatly benefit from the upgrade. In my particular case I always felt the the clutch was slightly slipping and I have done lots of mods to improve power and wheelie capabilities .... it was the new clutch that was able to produce 3rd gear wheelies not just the added power.

That sounds great i am definitely going to upgrade if it is that much of a diffrence
  • Like 1

That sounds great i am definitely going to upgrade if it is that much of a diffrence

It truly is ...  :thumbsup:   

Race Tech suspension and upgraded clutch with the right tires and gearing for your needs will completely transform this bike into a very capable off road machine ...  :ride:   That is all this bike really needs but, then of course why stop there ....  :lol:

• Like 2

Just take a quick look. Operate the clutch and see where it moves by the engine. If there is some crap in there it is probably not returning.

I checked the cable near the engine and it moves freely I will probably need to replace it.

I checked the cable near the engine and it moves freely I will probably need to replace it.

My old parts .... 

The 3 pieces on the left is the judder stuff that needs be be removed and replaced with just one regular friction plate ... you can just imagine how weak that is compared to a clutch without it ..  :banghead:    I also believe that the stiffer springs really is key to the upgrade. 

post-327736-14358092289999.jpg

• Like 1

Are those KFC vouchers still in date? :thinking:

I don't do KFC man ..............    :lol:    

I am the juice man !!!

But, today I have no juice cuz I did not go shopping.... :facepalm:  but I did make 2 16 ounce smoothies from organic bananas, strawberries, blueberries with milk kefir and organic almond milk and added amino acids and probiotic supplements also added some cocao powder and cayenne pepper with cinnamon ... everything the body needs ... :p     I usually add spinach to it as well. 

I need to learn how to make some hot soups in my vitamix ...  :prof:

• Like 1

My old parts .... 

The 3 pieces on the left is the judder stuff that needs be be removed and replaced with just one regular friction plate ... you can just imagine how weak that is compared to a clutch without it ..  :banghead:    I also believe that the stiffer springs really is key to the upgrade. 

Removing the judder spring and the plate changes the shifter feel noticeably, the stiffer mainly springs increase it holding power.  Both are key elements in achieving the heavier duty clutch and the feel/clutch that the bike lacks.  Stock the bikes clutch is set up for beginners and smooth street use.  The upgraded clutch will work like and feel a true dirt clutch should.

• Like 1

Removing the judder spring and the plate changes the shifter feel noticeably, the stiffer mainly springs increase it holding power.  Both are key elements in achieving the heavier duty clutch and the feel/clutch that the bike lacks.  Stock the bikes clutch is set up for beginners and smooth street use.  The upgraded clutch will work like and feel a true dirt clutch should.

I wonder how many other "Dual Sports" are lacking or would greatly benefit from a clutch upgrade ....  :thinking:   seems to me it is an often overlooked vital area for overall improvements .... 

I wonder how many other "Dual Sports" are lacking or would greatly benefit from a clutch upgrade ....  :thinking:   seems to me it is an often overlooked vital area for overall improvements .... 

Basically they all could.  If the clutch lacks a judder plate the heavier springs will still improve the "grab" some and definitely increase their holding power.

• Like 1

My old parts ....

The 3 pieces on the left is the judder stuff that needs be be removed and replaced with just one regular friction plate ... you can just imagine how weak that is compared to a clutch without it .. :banghead: I also believe that the stiffer springs really is key to the upgrade.

Could you send me the link to the Clutch and the springs.