Sign in to follow this  

My Pig Laughs At Rocks... (pics)

...Just another day for the modified pig "with" a standard rear tube. No challenge for the CST Surge...lol

20151031_171130.jpg

20151031_171222.jpg

20151031_171431.jpg

20151031_171157.jpg

• Like 1

What are the temps like right now in New Brunswick?

currently 46f. Should average 59-60 for the rest of the week.

You must feel fortunate to still be able to ride, this week here in Massachusetts is supposed to be close to 70 during the day. When do you usually see your first snowfall?

You must feel fortunate to still be able to ride, this week here in Massachusetts is supposed to be close to 70 during the day. When do you usually see your first snowfall?

Hard to say around here. we could have snow tomorrow or none till January 1st. I drove the pig a few times in the middle of winter in bone chilling temperatures. However, i'm done with that foolishness. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

When I was in my 20's, I used to put 1/4inch hex head sheet metal screws in the tires of my TT350, and offroad all winter. Back then, we weren't getting a lot of snow, ice and cold temps were the main concerns. Last year, starting in late January, we got absolutely buried in snow over a 3 or 4 week period. What kind of winter was it in NB last year? 

When I was in my 20's, I used to put 1/4inch hex head sheet metal screws in the tires of my TT350, and offroad all winter. Back then, we weren't getting a lot of snow, ice and cold temps were the main concerns. Last year, starting in late January, we got absolutely buried in snow over a 3 or 4 week period. What kind of winter was it in NB last year? 

Broke a record for snow fall. I had to go up on my roof about 12 times.

• Like 1

...Just another day for the modified pig "with" a standard rear tube. No challenge for the CST Surge...lol

Got a canyon in Arizona that looks very similar, only bigger boulders. Martin Canyon, or "Smiley Rock". Haven't heard of another rider in it, though I'm guessing some must have.  Saw a video of a 4x4 going through it. Anyway 1 mile in 1 hour on a KLR650. Dumped it once on each side, the second time to keep the scratches and dents balanced.

• Like 1

Got a canyon in Arizona that looks very similar, only bigger boulders. Martin Canyon, or "Smiley Rock". Haven't heard of another rider in it, though I'm guessing some must have.  Saw a video of a 4x4 going through it. Anyway 1 mile in 1 hour on a KLR650. Dumped it once on each side, the second time to keep the scratches and dents balanced.

Kudo's to you guys that ride that SHIT.  Don't know how you manage to get anywhere without dumping it 10 times.  And breaking stuff 1/2 of them. 

• Like 1

Kudo's to you guys that ride that SHIT.  Don't know how you manage to get anywhere without dumping it 10 times.  And breaking stuff 1/2 of them. 

It was part of the Great Western Trail, so I thought I had to do it. I later learned there was an accepted alternative route.

Stripped down L?

Pigs will go anywhere.. :ride:    We have a unique local baby rock section that is mountains of rock and bricks , some unstable tricky stuff...  Those boulders your doing look really fun !!!  :thumbsup:

GOPR2769_zpsruegnfar.jpg

• Like 1

Stripped down L?

...Very stripped down L. Right down to the rear aluminum sprocket. Still street legal though. Take a close look at the pic above closely for all the changes. ;) It's primary use is for ripping through the woods.

• Like 1