Sign in to follow this  

Engine guard required?..lol

...Man, I love this beast!! Still going strong and can take a beating...lol

20151031_171130.jpg

20151031_171222.jpg

20151031_171431.jpg

20151031_171157.jpg

You may also want to invest in a pressure suit & knee pads.

You may also want to invest in a pressure suit & knee pads.

True enough.  These pics don't do the rocks justice. It's a knarly rock garden / trail winding through the woods. I'm 6'2, and when i have to take my foot off the peg to balance myself on the rocks.....it's a bit sketchy. Its a rush, but at the same time a  bit un settling. One wrong move....and its a fall with possible broken bones...or a broken pig...lol

Just think how a shorter person feels in the same stuff.

Cannot say enough about those cst surge tires. They are awesome.  If i was still running the Michelin ac10's , i would need a heavy duty rear tube to ride in this rough stuff. This is my 3rd rear cst running with a stock rear tube at about 18psi. It will handle this shit all day long. It has a real beefy side wall. I also switched to the cst up front as well.

The pig pig does surprisingly well in the rocks as long as there is some traction!

Heavy with soft springs and damping makes for a smooth ride if it's irregular enough you don;t start to pogo.

nice!  I had my pig out in pretty burly rock garden a few weeks back.  went to put my foot down, couldn't hit (im 6'2)  rock and went to fall over..... put my left hand out to brace my self for the fall and the bar end crushed my finger between a boulder.  Stood up, picked the bike up, took off again thinkin hmm my finger feels funny, next clutch engagement to bring the front end up my finger felt realllllllly weird, I glanced down and noticed it was pointing backwards and towards the right!!!!!!  at first I thought I dislocated it, so I grabbed it and straightened it!  well I was moving it around and it for sure was broken!  my buddy rode my bike back to the trail head as I walked out, I rode it to the hospital from there with him leading at intersections and me just dry shifting it.  I can tell you that 50mph with a snapped finger is wicked painful

so the pins come out next week!  in my down time I've ordered my USD swap stuff though!

p5pb12843568.jpg

Edited by lax30

Sorry to hear about dismount. Pins look pretty bizarre, & your nails look pink?

Sorry to hear about dismount. Pins look pretty bizarre, & your nails look pink?

lol!  must be the lite or the ungodly amount of iodine they had my hand covered in!

nice!  I had my pig out in pretty burly rock garden a few weeks back.  went to put my foot down, couldn't hit (im 6'2)  rock and went to fall over..... put my left hand out to brace my self for the fall and the bar end crushed my finger between a boulder.  Stood up, picked the bike up, took off again thinkin hmm my finger feels funny, next clutch engagement to bring the front end up my finger felt realllllllly weird, I glanced down and noticed it was pointing backwards and towards the right!!!!!!  at first I thought I dislocated it, so I grabbed it and straightened it!  well I was moving it around and it for sure was broken!  my buddy rode my bike back to the trail head as I walked out, I rode it to the hospital from there with him leading at intersections and me just dry shifting it.  I can tell you that 50mph with a snapped finger is wicked painful

so the pins come out next week!  in my down time I've ordered my USD swap stuff though!

p5pb12843568.jpg

Yikes!.....can you imagine if you landed on your back. I will remember this pic the next time i encounter a rock garden.