Sign in to follow this  

Talk about your weekend rides here

Let's share our weekend ride experiences and feel free to include any pics if you have them.

I rode with some friends at Lippman Park in Wawarsing NY. Lot's of wet fallen leaves and that made for some sketchy riding and a few falls but no one got hurt.

This place has lot's of inter looping trails that vary in length, skill level and ascent/decent. Some made made and natural rock gardens, stream crossings, skinnys and bridges, logs, bridges and a nice steady climb into state land for more trails.

This is an older picture but still from Lippman Park (about 2 months ago)

IMG_0301.JPG

• Like 1

Great idea for a thread, last weekend on the TRT, took a shot of my bike with Lake Tahoe in the background, this was near Brockway Summit. The next day riding towards Watson Lake I came across a few deer! Haven't seen too many this fall as of yet.

I'm pretty lucky that I live part time (weekends) up at Lake Tahoe. The Tahoe Rim Trail (TRT) is a 1.8 mile trail ride from my door. This gets me into some great riding right out of our place, while each weekend I can say I rode the TRT it can be very different loops each time.image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

PS, I love the sign at that trail head in your pic!

Edited by 941MXVET

Nice pics 941MXVET. I get to see lots of deer, esp this year and even came upon a black bear once. He ran right up a tree and I raced up a hill, climbing faster than I ever did, lol.

That sign, is serious stuff, That particular trail has jumps, drop offs and other obstacles that lesser skilled riders should avoid. The sign is more for legal reasons I am sure.

• Like 1

More night riding tonight, 9 of us! It looked like aliens landed in the woods, lol.

I wanted to post a pic but they didn't come out too good.

I will try again in the morning but we did 17 awesome miles in this very mild NY Catskill Mountains weather (60's)

IMG_0399.JPG

CincoBoy, I think that's how we all got started. have patience and ride safe, the rest will come in due time.

• Like 1

My weekend ride was on a MX track, with my CRF450. I've been riding mountain bikes almost exclusively for about a year or so, I forgot how great MX suspensions are. Man I'm sore today!

Great idea for a thread, last weekend on the TRT, took a shot of my bike with Lake Tahoe in the background,

Maybe its just an optical illusion, but the seat height compared to handlebar height in that one picture looks insane.

• Like 1

Maybe its just an optical illusion, but the seat height compared to handlebar height in that one picture looks insane.

The rear of the bike was sitting up on a rock, making the seat look incredibly high! Good call!

Rode last night, 11 guys and 17 miles. We just missed the rain, great crew!

IMG_0411.JPG

• Like 1

With the unusually warm weather, our riding season is extended and yesterday, the group make the most of it.

This is at Stewart State Park in Newburg NY. I group pic during a trail side repair of a twisted chain.

I'm wearing the bright yellowish pullover

IMG_0441.JPG

• Like 1

This was last weekend. Another unusually warm December weekend here in Michigan. This was my 1st ride after injuring my knee in October. Rode from my house to my buddy's house and then into the local metropark to hit the trails. Pretty slick in spots so we took it easy. Still had an awesome time. If it doesn't rain I'm going to try to get out there again this weekend also.

Screenshot_2015-12-23-08-36-17_zpshpqcr3

Screenshot_2015-12-23-08-36-33_zpsztw2qv

• Like 1

Snow is melted, ski season has ended (pretty much!) so time to hit the trails! This is looking down at the Truckee River and Highway 89. Further south you can kind of see Squaw Vally Ski area.

image.jpeg

That's what I call a view 941. We are getting another rainy week, two in a row..... I think I have cabin fever, haha

I'm thinking I may have had the last weekend ride of 2016 today. Spent about 3 hours on the Tahoe rim trail which was great, but we are supposed to be getting some weather tomorrow morning so the trails may be done for the season.

I'm thinking I may have had the last weekend ride of 2016 today. Spent about 3 hours on the Tahoe rim trail which was great, but we are supposed to be getting some weather tomorrow morning so the trails may be done for the season.

Glad you got that ride in but saddened that the season is ending. That's the reason I bought a fat bike last year, to ride on packed groomed snow....... if we ever get any. We never got snow last year other than an inch or two, but I won't complain too loudly, I still got to ride, just my regular Anthem X

• Like 1

Last year my wife bought me a fat bike too. However my son, 5 years old, has taken up skiing and really loves it. Being so, most of my weekends will be spent at the ski hill from now until spring. Heck the fatty will be on stand by if I get the opportunity, but we'll probably be skiing for now.

Out in VA with some fam, found a bunch of great trails. Fountainhead Regional park was a lot of fun for most abilities. If you want to send it off of features you can have a lot of fun but if you want to play it safe you won't get killed...