Rm wheel fitment

Do any other wheels fit the rm two stroke range of bikes, kx or yz etc?

Rebuilding a 2006 rm 250 in the uk and really struggling to find some nice wheels for it.

There a very few nice used rm wheel sets for sale here so was thinking if any other manufactures wheels do fit it will widen my choice a little bit!!

• Like 1

Do any other wheels fit the rm two stroke range of bikes, kx or yz etc?

Rebuilding a 2006 rm 250 in the uk and really struggling to find some nice wheels for it.

There a very few nice used rm wheel sets for sale here so was thinking if any other manufactures wheels do fit it will widen my choice a little bit!!

I was actually typing up the exact same post earlier today when I saw yours go up. 

I've got a 2005 RM and it's  time to relace new spokes at the very least, but new rear hub should be done, may as well do the whole thing. I went to Rocky Mountain hoping to try some Tusk stuff and of course, nothing for the RM. Ug. 

Got so frustrated I almost bought a KTM 300xc... my suspension tuner talked me out of it. Said my 10 year old RM still has better ergos, handling and suspension than the KTM. Ha! He said if you sell the RM, I want it. 

So, back to shopping for the RM. I found this thread;

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/747948-02-rm250-rear-wheel-swap/

If that info is correct, Yamaha YZ front fits and KXF 250 rear fits. Can anyone verify? 

What wheel sets are you guys running? 

Edited by Kenpo1
  • Like 1

I was actually typing up the exact same post earlier today when I saw yours go up. 

I've got a 2005 RM and it's  time to relace new spokes at the very least, but new rear hub should be done, may as well do the whole thing. I went to Rocky Mountain hoping to try some Tusk stuff and of course, nothing for the RM. Ug. 

Got so frustrated I almost bought a KTM 300xc... my suspension tuner talked me out of it. Said my 10 year old RM still has better ergos, handling and suspension than the KTM. Ha! He said if you sell the RM, I want it. 

So, back to shopping for the RM. I found this thread;

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/747948-02-rm250-rear-wheel-swap/

If that info is correct, Yamaha YZ front fits and KXF 250 rear fits. Can anyone verify? 

What wheel sets are you guys running?

Useful info. Will read the link now. Thanks. Still looking. Was also thinking rmz wheels may be adapted but been advised it's not an easy job.

The search goes on.

I have a Talon wheelset, the hubs are intended for a YZ as they have 'YZ' stamped on them and the numbers on the hubs are YZ numbers (checked with Talon UK). But they bolt onto my RM250 08 absolutely fine.

• Like 1

I have a Talon wheelset, the hubs are intended for a YZ as they have 'YZ' stamped on them and the numbers on the hubs are YZ numbers (checked with Talon UK). But they bolt onto my RM250 08 absolutely fine.

Sounds like I could try YZ tusk hubs or kxf250 tusk hubs. I've heard good things about those and if as good as I read at that price point, can't complain. I'll look into talons too. Thanks. 

So did you use yz hubs only, with RM spoke set and rims, or is the entire set (hubs/spokes/rims) from the YZ? 

So did you use yz hubs only, with RM spoke set and rims, or is the entire set (hubs/spokes/rims) from the YZ? 

I got the wheels from an RM250 rolling chassis I bought, so cannot comment on what they were originally built with. I rebuilt the wheels using RM spokes and excel rims.

If you want to find out on interchangability for Talon hubs/wheels for certain, email Talon and ask. I found their customer services to be awesome, they are happy to help.

06' rmz Axel is to big. I've got a 04' rm250 with (unknown to me at the time I bought it) 06' rmz250 wheels on it, the guy had ground out the swing arm so the Axel would slide through. The front wheel fits but I believe you have to have a shorter spacer.

• Like 1

Yes this thread is 4 years old.... But has anyone verified? I have an 01 and after what I've read I think a yz250 front hub and a 2010 kx250 rear hub will fit... Would be nice to know if someone has done this and succeeded