Sign in to follow this  

Old honda burning bulbs

I've been having some trouble with my 1982 honda mb5 runs great and is a lot of fun. But I've been having trouble with the head and tail lights burning out. I bought a new rectifier but still blowing bulbs. I took the next step over purchasing a trail tech dial-a-brightness regulator too its "very simple" diagram on how to hook it up the stator lighting lead it is shown as a yellow wire the yellow wire on my bike doesn't do that it goes to the dash board tach and speedo not the lights I can't figure out where to put my regulator in the circuit I'll post a wiring schematic if i can.

I checked it again and got 13.83 also I have no idea how but I made my lights work completely on accident I was just messing around with my multi meter in the taillight socket and accidentally shorted the positive and negative together and the head light turned on I guess the factory had old uncle grandad putting the wiring harness together.

The problem has come full circle while the head and tail lights don't burn out I was just riding into town and my blinkers burned out.