Sign in to follow this  

New motor bike hard to start. Valve are carb

I just rebuilt the whole top end on my 05 yz450f . Had the head done new piston and sleeve. Also rebuilt the carb with Jd jetting kit and new diaphragm in the accelarator pump. Now the bike is super hard to start have only got it start two times sense rebuilt. I have checked the timing and ever tried retiming at 180 out and still nothing. The bike pops and the pipe gets hot so I know it's trying to start. What else is the to check any help would great thanks.

How did you verify you cam timing?

What jets did you change and to what?

If your fuel scrwe adusted to 1.5 turns out?

Have you turned in your idle screw 1 full turn?

Was your hot start serviced when you 'cleaned' the carb ?

TDC on the piston lined up the the marks on the cam gears. Fuel screw our 2 turns didn't touch the idle screw or the hot start. 170 main 145 pilot and blue needle on 3rd clip from top the rest of the carb left alone just cleaned. The bike set for about 5 months while the motor was getting done over the summer too.

Yes replaced the pilot and the Main when cleaned the carb out . And no the the slide was not out the carb was out of the bike and sitting on the work bench for about five months.

Yes I removed fuel screw cleaned with carb cleaner and used air compressor and installed new washer and oil ring.

Going to check the intake valves again just to make sure there not to tight, I heard if the intake valves are tight it will make the bike hard to start and will pop.