Brembo on a honda

Has anyone equipped their 450 with a brembo master cylinder or entire brembo brake setup? I have read some teams out there have been using the brembo master cylinder with a nissin caliper with great results, just wondering if anyone on here has been successfull with this and what all is needed.

Has anyone equipped their 450 with a brembo master cylinder or entire brembo brake setup? I have read some teams out there have been using the brembo master cylinder with a nissin caliper with great results, just wondering if anyone on here has been successfull with this and what all is needed.

ive heard of it here and there, but the stock honda MC and caliper are pretty damn good.  Bang for your buck go to 270mm rotor. anything else is a bandaid

I put a brembo master cylinder on my yz250 so I am sure it will work on the honda. The big upgrade for the yz owners is to install a honda cr front master cylinder to the yz. YZ's are well known for weak front brakes, even with an oversize rotor they are still terrible, the cr or crf front master cylinder is supposed help the YZ's out but the brembo is far superior to the nissin so I just took the brembo off of one of our KTM's to try it and it worked great on the yz. I am sure it will do the same thing on the Honda. The biggest thing I noticed with honda front master cylinders is theres not much feel to them, they are either on or off when braking, no real modulation to them, the brembo has better stopping power and more feel to the lever.

I say bolt one on and try it, just ebay one off of a 2010 or newer KTM, the older ones were known to build air while setting. U will need the banjo bolt from the brembo, but it will bolt right onto your honda line.

maybe thats what I need.  my front brakes suck!!!!

ive tried bleeding them.

ordered a SS brake line.

still sucked

ordered a master cylinder rebuild kit.

still sucked

ordered a caliper rebuild kit.

still sucked

ordered red EBC brake pads.

still sucked!!

installed a giant TRX 450 master cylinder assembly.

still not that great.

maybe its my damn rotor?

Edited by coryf89

maybe thats what I need.  my front brakes suck!!!!

ive tried bleeding them.

ordered a SS brake line.

still sucked

ordered a master cylinder rebuild kit.

still sucked

ordered a caliper rebuild kit.

still sucked

ordered red EBC brake pads.

still sucked!!

installed a giant TRX 450 master cylinder assembly.

still not that great.

maybe its my damn rotor?

where in alberta are you?  Something is a miss, stock honda brakes are pretty damn good. Im in lacombe if you are close by lets spin some wrenches bud.

I'd love to. Bikes stuck down in pincher creek. But right now I'm living in rimbey driving the Jetta back and forth every 10 days to ride down in crowsnest pass. Small world though you're pretty damn close. I think it's lacombe that has a nice little track right by the south entrance? I've always wanted to ride it.

I'd love to. Bikes stuck down in pincher creek. But right now I'm living in rimbey driving the Jetta back and forth every 10 days to ride down in crowsnest pass. Small world though you're pretty damn close. I think it's lacombe that has a nice little track right by the south entrance? I've always wanted to ride it.

theres 2 private tracks right off highway 12 in lacombe one on the north one on the south, both are private and no one is allowed on without invite.  there is another private track in the industrial park in red deer between 11 and 11a invite only.  We go hit xtreme raceways in alix a few times a week, its 20 min from my house.  

• Like 1

yup those are the two in thinking of.  if not much of a track guy, grew up riding the mountains but I can handle them.  if im still in the rimbey area in the spring im def gonna bring my bike up.  the blackfoot track in calgary looks very fun too.