Beta parts online

Just ran across this site, Question for guys that own betas, are these prices par for the course or is this place on crack?

Ive rebuild several newer 4 stokes and the engine parts can get spendy but this brings a hole new meaning to it!

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/americanbeta/showmodel.asp?make=betamc

Edited by jmd426
  • Like 1

Just ran across this site, Question for guys that own betas, are these prices par for the course or is this place on crack?

Ive rebuild several newer 4 stokes and the engine parts can get spendy but this brings a hole new meaning to it!

Yep, That's dealer suggested list price for Beta parts. Not much different than any other brand. But with this in hand you can tell if you are being bent over or if a good deal is headed your way.

Yep, That's dealer suggested list price for Beta parts. Not much different than any other brand. But with this in hand you can tell if you are being bent over or if a good deal is headed your way.

Not even close to the jap bikes. Plastics and some consumables aren't bad but once you get to piston,clutch,crank and the larger items it time to grab your ankles

The only one these prices are close to is ktm.

I guess i was hopeful that prices would be a bit closer to the jap bike. 

Ktm prices and more ? I'm sure the obvious is coming

• Like 1

Not even close to the jap bikes. Plastics and some consumables aren't bad but once you get to piston,clutch,crank and the larger items it time to grab your ankles

The only one these prices are close to is ktm.

I guess i was hopeful that prices would be a bit closer to the jap bike. 

Ktm prices and more ? I'm sure the obvious is coming

Nope, not from me. : ) Years ago I never thought dirt bikes would never be $10,000 either. But I do agree with your observation.

• Like 1

Piston, clutch and cranks are not bad at all if you know where to look. ProX has almost all the motor parts for our bikes.

300 big end crank pins are the same as 99-15 YZ 250 (24 x 59mm)

300 big end rod bearing 24 x 31 x 17mm

Front and rear brake pads are 04-16 KX250F/450F 

These are just a few examples of cross reference parts.

If you need clutch, pistons and cranks Get Dirty has them in stock for a very good price. A full crank rebuild kit for under 200 bucks is going to be hard to beat by anyone!!

http://shop.getdirtydirtbikes.com/Crank-Rebuild-Kit-PX-250300-RK.htm

Another option is to simply drop off parts to your local machine shop come rebuild time. My machine shop can match up just about any crank, rod, piston etc. with Carrillo pistons/rods and Falicon crankshafts/rods for the same cost and in many cases less than oem price. Been using these guys for over 20 years. They are so good, when you get your parts back you don't even need to check for fit. 

http://qande.com/site/

• Like 1

That's about the going oem rate unfortunately. The Beta motor when destroyed looks to be about 1000 bucks more to fix than a jap bike. 

• Like 1

Piston, clutch and cranks are not bad at all if you know where to look. ProX has almost all the motor parts for our bikes.

300 big end crank pins are the same as 99-15 YZ 250 (24 x 59mm)

300 big end rod bearing 24 x 31 x 17mm

Front and rear brake pads are 04-16 KX250F/450F 

These are just a few examples of cross reference parts.

If you need clutch, pistons and cranks Get Dirty has them in stock for a very good price. A full crank rebuild kit for under 200 bucks is going to be hard to beat by anyone!!

http://shop.getdirtydirtbikes.com/Crank-Rebuild-Kit-PX-250300-RK.htm

Another option is to simply drop off parts to your local machine shop come rebuild time. My machine shop can match up just about any crank, rod, piston etc. with Carrillo pistons/rods and Falicon crankshafts/rods for the same cost and in many cases less than oem price. Been using these guys for over 20 years. They are so good, when you get your parts back you don't even need to check for fit. 

http://qande.com/site/

I'm well aware of get dirty and he has done a great job compiling alot of whats offered from prox and other aftermarkets!!

You are correct on alot of things but i guess i was referring to OEM parts specifically More specifically the 4 stroke

Yeah i would agree.

What blew my mind were those little camshaft fingers. Damn things are 100 bucks apiece!! Dave felt so bad for a guy (with lunched motor) he gave up a set on one of his own motors to help reduce the cost. This shit on 4T's add up in a hurry! At least the head assembly and cylinders are under 500 bucks. I wanted to cry when I saw the crankshaft at almost 1000 bucks!!

• Like 1

When purchasing my Beta I never expected any replacement parts to be much cheaper than KTM or Husqvarna. Such is life for living with a great bike. Most here will agree that for the most part they are made rather stout.

All the KTM owners are really going to have to grab their proverbial ankles soon as the cost of developing and running a MotoGP bike is not cheap, and that money has to come from somewhere...

• Like 2

jm,

totally agree.  I rue the day when my time comes!  Definitely more than Japanese!  And though I haven't had a KTM in a while, I don't remember the engine parts being in this range.  Are KTM/Husky parts this much? more?

jm,

totally agree.  I Are KTM/Husky parts this much? more?

The same for some and more for stuff like cylinders and con rods. As long as I can squeeze 700-800 hrs out of the motor before rebuild then it's worth it. I would not worry too much. As stated in my earlier post, local machine shop can match almost any major expensive part with a higher quality aftermarket for same cost or less.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The biggest issue with Beta parts vs KTM/Husky or the other Japanese bikes is there are very few after market parts at this point. So we have to buy OEM parts, which makes it more expensive. Once Beta gets a little bigger and aftermarket companies get more involved, we will see prices go down. In the meantime, send Chris PM`s and ask about cross reference parts ?

Edited by iamovru aka mvertoch
  • Like 1

The biggest issue with Beta parts vs KTM/Husky or the other Japanese bikes is there are very few after market parts at this point. So we have to buy OEM parts, which makes it more expensive. Once Beta gets a little bigger and aftermarket companies get more involved, we will see prices go down. In the meantime, send Chris PM`s and ask about cross reference parts ?

+1.  I can get aftermarket stuff everywhere for my KTM.  First thing I did was to get a full plastics kit for mine, so I can keep the original pieces nice and clean.  Acerbis has a full kit that came with every piece.  I had the big bag in my hands 3 days later.

Tried to do the same thing with my 300RR.  Not only do I have to piece meal all the OEM parts, I only manage to get the tank shrouds sent to me so far. the other pieces are on back order... probably on a slow boat sailing in the Mediterranean.

But like most everybody else, I'm okay with it.  Beta has the features and qualities that fit me the best.  KTM is too race-focused, and the Japanese don't offer hardly any serious trail dirt bike.

Edited by Volfy
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone. I ended up ordering from that site and got a whole new rear fender assembly which is three separate plastic parts for less than 140. I also bought a new oil plug with gasket, three plastic oil gears, and a few new skews which is included in that price with shipping.

Thanks everyone. I ended up ordering from that site and got a whole new rear fender assembly which is three separate plastic parts for less than 140. I also bought a new oil plug with gasket, three plastic oil gears, and a few new skews which is included in that price with shipping.

Which place? How fast did they arrive? Did they have them in stock? Prices in line?