Sign in to follow this  

2006 RR450 cooling fan

Have owned my KTM RFS powered sweetheart for over two years now, 130 hrs of riding and no cooling problems. I have recently moved north in NZ to a much warmer climate, and in some thick soft sand up a very steep extreme section last weekend my baby overheated and spat out coolant for a good 15-20 seconds. Also experienced clutch fade after this too. So, now looking for a fan kit solution.

I can get a cooling fan kit direct from Beta for my RR, but they are a fair bit more expensive than the trail tech ones listed for the earlier KTM EXC450s, and they don't come with a neat little temp gauge either.

My question to you more knowledgable folks is: do I have the same radiators and wiring loom as the KTM of the same year/will an '06/07 KTM EXC450 cooling fan kit fit and work on my Beta?

Many thanks in advance.

Morgan

North Island

New Zealand

Note that the earlier Beta's lacked a thermo-sensor bung at the bottom of the rad therefore the OEM fan kit for these early models came with a thermo-sensor that had to be spliced into a rad hose.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, very helpful. I think I will grab the trail tech KTM exc kit then as it will provide the thermostat with it, just wasn't sure about the wiring plugs either but thanks for clearing that up .

Love my Beta !!

Morgan