Sign in to follow this  

Something weird

Low hour 14 300rr I just picked up.

I noticed the kick start lever would not return, so I pulled the side cover thinking it's a broken spring.

Got the cover off and everything appeared to be normal. Greased the kick start shaft, put the cover back on and cinched down a couple of bolts ....kick lever returned like normal.

When I tightened all the bolts, again it wouldn't return.

When I loosened the case bolt directly to the right, the kick lever returned like it should.

I'm thinking the hole in the case for the kick lever isn't matched properly.

Any ideas?

Edited by moto9

http://www.betarider.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=119

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1075360-kickstarter-does-not-return/

I noticed the kick start lever would not return, so I pulled the side cover thinking it's a broken spring.

Got the cover off and everything appeared to be normal. Greased the kick start shaft, put the cover back on and cinched down a couple of bolts ....kick lever returned like normal.

When I loosened the case bolt directly to the right, the kick lever returned like it should.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Same thing would happen with my KTM 300XC . You just cant tighten the one behind the kickstarter as tight.

Did you use an aftermarket gasket? Maybe it's just a tad thinner.

It's stock.

I think the issue may be that it's hasn't been used, For now I'll keep that one bolt just snug.

The kickstart lever will get a lot of use since I stripped the e-start off the bike.