CE Certified Impact Chest Protectors?

Guys, hit my chest pretty bad going off the track over the weekend and knocked the wind out of me.  Time for me to invest in a CE Impact Certified Chest Protector.  So far, I could only find the Leatt 4.5 that offered the impact cert that I am looking for.  I want to also get one for my 8 yo son, but I was hoping to not spend so much on both.  

I am 220 and my son is almost 100 pounds.  Are there any other options out there?

Thanks,

Leo

Guys, hit my chest pretty bad going off the track over the weekend and knocked the wind out of me.  Time for me to invest in a CE Impact Certified Chest Protector.  So far, I could only find the Leatt 4.5 that offered the impact cert that I am looking for.  I want to also get one for my 8 yo son, but I was hoping to not spend so much on both.  

I am 220 and my son is almost 100 pounds.  Are there any other options out there?

Thanks,

Leo

Buehler?  Buehler?

Why are you hung up on the "CE" rating?  Having gone through CE certification for various things myself for work, I can tell you that the "CE" thing is basically a joke.  It's almost all a form of self-certification and doesn't rely on an audit from any regulatory agency.  It's just another box to check off, usually for financial, insurance, or export reasons, and very rarely ever drives design or quality measures.

• Like 1

Why are you hung up on the "CE" rating?  Having gone through CE certification for various things myself for work, I can tell you that the "CE" thing is basically a joke.  It's almost all a form of self-certification and doesn't rely on an audit from any regulatory agency.  It's just another box to check off, usually for financial, insurance, or export reasons, and very rarely ever drives design or quality measures.

Well, after hitting my chest on basically a hard dirt curb at full speed, I was looking for something that could protect me (and my son).  To me, the certification sounded perfectly valid.  Although, I know now that most other manufacturers don't even cert their protectors.  Just being rated as Roost Protectors didn't give me much faith on them, so I have to go by something.  Either way, I like Leatt products, just wanted to see if there we're options.  The Fox equiv looked the same and was $30 cheaper, but decided to go with some "ce joke" that gives me peace of mind.  :ride: