What bike to buy?

im recently new to this forum but im deliberating on a new bike to get, Im 14, 6ft, 64kg and ive been riding for about 4 years consistently on a 100 4 stroker its way to small now and ive ridden other bikes bigger so im after an mx bike cause im going to make a track with jumps, but trail riding most of the time. Im considering a 125 two stroke to a 250 four stroke but im not completely sure, any advice?

I was thinking that but if i wanted to go out on long rides and stuff it would burn through fuel and my friends are going for the 250fs i might not be able to keep up

2 strokes are not fuel efficient bikes, i have a desert tank for my cr250 so when i go to the sand i can ride on long trips, but again if you want a bike that will sip fuel and run forever a 250 4t will work, but you'll need to increase your budget significantly to get a decent one.

Yea changing the oil and oil filter every 15-20 hours, cleaning your air filter every time you bring it back to the garage, checking your spark plug for fouling here and there, and i even check my valves (just pull the cover off and slip a gauge in there) when ever i do oil. These kinds of precautions can make a motor last a long time, my moms trx450 was maintained like this and i just did the valves for her about 2 years back, and I've never change the piston. She isn't a hard rider so not a lot of wear on the quad but i know she is good to ride and the bike is maintained. My uncle on the other hand doesn't maintain his bike and he's takes his bike to a shop 1-2 times a year for valves going loose or zeroing. Take care of the bike and it will take care of you.

Yeah my budget is about 3300$ 4500$ aus dolars but what if i get a 250f and just grenade the engine costing heaps to rebuild, does it just need to be maintained optimally. Cheers

i don't know about in Australia but in ada county idaho a good 4 stroke about 8-10 years old with no motor issues just regular parts (sprockets, chain, grips, tire, and so forth..) with a few cool goodies on it is around 2800-3500 USD so about 3900- 4900 AUD. Remember to budget for parts you will need to replace immediately. Another idea, and this is what i did for about a year before i went and got a desert tank, was bought some of those MSR fuel cell bottles, filled 3 of those suckers (i got them for 30 for 3 from my uncle when he sold his CR) and put those in my pack and when i was running low i put two in my tank and cruised back (to conserve fuel).

That sounds like a good plan, id love to hear the outcome so keep us updated about you search and what you end up getting.

I found lots of 250f's about 2012- 2013 models for about 5000 dollars what brand would be the best kx yz rmz or a crf and what engine is the most bulletproof, looking forward to having more power unlike the 100. 

I found lots of 250f's about 2012- 2013 models for about 5000 dollars what brand would be the best kx yz rmz or a crf and what engine is the most bulletproof, looking forward to having more power unlike the 100. 

I am brand loyal to honda, i personally own 2 honda dirt bikes and a honda quad. That being said i love my crf450r it is light, easy to start, and ergonomically fits me well, i am 6 2 160. Being bias i would tell you only look at crf250r (this is hondas race model and the crf250x is the trail model). If your looking to ride mx make sure to get a crf250r not an x. but i want to give you the best help i can so i would also say go look at a yz250f. I haven't heard really anything about suzuki, and i would steer clear of a ktm they are expensive and once broken you'll never get it right again. 

look around some of the threads theres lots of great info on here about 250 4t race bikes.

Edited by knero250